RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Ultimate Freedom
RV Length
40’
We have a 2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom. The bedroom area gets extremely hot while driving. We know that the engine area needs new insulation but we are unsure what to use. Please advise as to the most efficient material to block engine heat from entering bedroom area.
Thank you very much.

Welcome to RVForums @Acey Deucy. Is there a roof fan over the affected area inside? Some people in RV's install fans to help exhaust the heat from these scenarios such as to get the heat out of the engine compartment. Not sure if that's an option on yours.

No roof fan in bedroom. There is one right outside bedroom in hallway of bath area.
However it does not work. We plan on replacing it.

We’ve only had this coach for a little over a year. I had no idea that they would be so hot to travel in during the summer.

If traveling in a hot climate, I run the generator and the house AC’s while moving down the road. Always try to stay ahead of the heat.

If traveling in a hot climate, I run the generator and the house AC’s while moving down the road. Always try to stay ahead of the heat.

Good point. I do the same.

We do run the generator so we can run the a/c. Just surprised at how hot it gets. However, we live in Texas where it’s hot most of the time.

I will look up the vent insulators you suggested, Neal.
Thank you

My Winnie was a 95 Gas Class A, the bed got hot on any trip. I found that the heater under the bed was the problem.

Well if you can deflect most of the heat before it get into the living area would be ideal. You can buy some after market insulation blankets for engine compartments. Here are a few I googled.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055VTOBA/?tag=rvf01-20

Latest resources

Back