Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
3017 Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I tried to lock the coach yesterday, no joy. The key fob is working. I have tried multiple times since and it is not working. I get the beep like it is but nothing I have tried multiple times and nothing works. I tried putting the code in to unlock and nothing. Any suggestions?

The controller is under the dash behind the steering wheel. Lift the cover and find the white box. Disconnect and reconnect it to reboot it.

Newmar’s design is some components remain powered for life. They need to be power cycled at times. This is why I put a switch in for my dash radio.

I just looked in the dash. I can't see a box of any kind except the omniview.

I had an issue with mine that seems to be the two brass contacts in the jamb on the door hinge side. I cleaned them up, coated with some dielectric grease, and it seems to work fine now.

the two brass contacts in the jamb on the door hinge side Jim states are also a potential problem. Besides cleaning them, sometimes they grow short and fail to make good contact!!!!

Lightly press the brass knob and unscrew. To make sure they make contact. Sometimes, overtime, they tend to screw in. If you notice the two are un-even, its likely one is too short to make good contact.

Just an FYI. The auto door lock system will not work if the door is OPEN. It took me a while to figure this out as I was working on the door handle. Just before going into extensive trouble shooting I closed the door and everything worked.

I just looked in the dash. I can't see a box of any kind except the omniview.
If you take the dash cover off again and take a picture, reply with attachment and I'll see if I can find it.

the two brass contacts in the jamb on the door hinge side Jim states are also a potential problem. Besides cleaning them, sometimes they grow short and fail to make good contact!!!!

Lightly press the brass knob and unscrew. To make sure they make contact. Sometimes, overtime, they tend to screw in. If you notice the two are un-even, its likely one is too short to make good contact.
Thanks for the tip @Rd1! One of mine was shorter than the other on the door side. I screwed it back out and now it matches the other one.

Gentlemen,
Thanks for all the tips. I was really busy Mondy and didn't get a chance to look at the coach or respond. I read the tips and looked at the coach this morning. I checked the contacts this morning, didn't help. I realized this morning that the doorbell wasn't working as well. For giggles and laughs, I removed the keypad and inspected. I am a big fan of disconnecting and reconnecting things. I had to use a small bladed screwdriver to get the five flat connector apart. I doused good with brake cleaner and put it back together. Voila', it worked. I am going back with dielectric grease and sewing everything back up.

Latest resources

Back