• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Entry Steps failed

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yes it is. I bought mine at NAPA. It is an 80s Ford left front door glass motor. I think I paid 30 or 40 dollars for mine. Once I had the original removed I recognized it for what it was (some of my career was dealing with car parts). If any one wants the NAPA part # I can probably dig it up.

Darrell
If that’s the case it’s half the cost of the kwickee aftermarket motor

Last edited:
Reminder to all with Kwikee steps - wait for your steps to fully extend (deploy) until stepping on them. Putting any resistance on the motor while in transit seems to cause issues such as stripping the nylon gear.

I just had to replace the plastic gear wheel on my steps. Bought the wheel on eBay for $14 including shipping.

My plastic gear in the motor failed, my unit is a 2007. I would have thought they'd have improved the design by now but I guess not.
Mine was a coachstep, taken over by kwikee.
Motor assembly looks the same as what Neal posted except mine has a gear where that one only had a shaft.

I hope you have better luck lining up the 3 holes than I did. I had to drill out the motor holes, buy longer bolts, it was a disaster. I really learned what the underside of the front end of my Monaco looked like because I laid under it for so long.

We lost the motor gear at a rest area in Florida on the way home last year. Motor grinding, steps not moving. Luckily I had a few straps and strapped it closed.
I agreed to take a job at a chemical plant outage in KY on the way home, 7-12 hour days for a month. Found a campground at Paducah and dropped off the motorhome. Clamped the steps open with vice grips so I could use them for a month since it's a very high step to get in without them.

Latest resources

Back