Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
For those that have the Jack Solenoid fail using the Equalizer system on a Newmar CanyonStar, the attached pictures is the Jack Solenoid out of my 2018 CanyonStar at 13 months of age.
Not sure if all the interior corrosion played a part in the failure but it sure did not help. The video shows that this solenoid is installed at the front of the engine bay. The Equalizer engineer was well aware of the installation position on the CanyonStar and immediately diagnosed the problem when I explained the failure to him. The brown stains on top of the solenoid are from an anti corrosion spray, not rust.. If interested here is a video of the replacement. https://youtu.be/Ql6HSoO0NLE
No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

Wow! You would think it would have been weather sealed, but apparently not. I might try to do something to prevent a recurrence. Silicone caulk, perhaps?

TJ

Oh my! We had an issue with ours and Newmar was no help. They told us to call Equalizer. We did and they knew right away it was a loose wire! WTH! Seriously, I never thought a loose wire there would cause total failure. We got out a screwdriver and tightened it and were on our way. Now we will check that when we get back to the rig!

Those pics really help! Thanks!!

We had this same issue on our 2018 Bay Star. The first time the jacks wouldn't retract I noticed some loose wires and tightened them all. The next time it wasn't loose connections and even though the jacks eventually retracted after I tapped it with a hammer, I contacted Equalizer. They diagnosed it immediately as a bad solenoid so I picked up a replacement. That was almost a year ago and I am still carrying to replacement. Apparently the hammer did the trick (and yes I hope I didn't just jinx myself).

Where did you get the replacement? The one from Equalizer was $70. It was a different part than the one that was installed by Newmar. My guess is you can find a similar item at less cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back