Tip Etiquette at Truck Stop Diesel Pumps

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Great summary
One additional thought to make the TSD/Open Roads card easier - If you are frequenting TA or Loves stops, you can use the TA or Loves app on a phone and the TSD card info is stored in the app.
For TA app, when you pull up to the pump and the app gives you a six digit code you enter on the pump.
For Loves app, when you pull up to the pump, open the app, tell the app what services you want, enter the pump number, confirm you are at the pump, then start pumping.
OOooo, really? This is nice to know, because, I've tried the Loves app in the past and it was a total pain in the butt! My routine is so smooth with the card, now...not to mention never worrying about getting my precious iPhone yucky with diesel... but I still may try the apps.

Of course, in my perfect world, those pumps would be TAP Pay! But no one asked me. LOL

When I need to pull up for a DEF fill, I'll walk back to a waiting truck (if their engine is off) to let them know that after fueling, DW will be pulling up to fill my rear DEF tank so they don't start up.

Great summary
One additional thought to make the TSD/Open Roads card easier - If you are frequenting TA or Loves stops, you can use the TA or Loves app on a phone and the TSD card info is stored in the app.
For TA app, when you pull up to the pump and the app gives you a six digit code you enter on the pump.
For Loves app, when you pull up to the pump, open the app, tell the app what services you want, enter the pump number, confirm you are at the pump, then start pumping.

Well…I’ve tried for days to figure a way to enter the TSD/EFS card into the Loves app and I don’t think it’s possible. Even the tech support agent was clueless and gave me instructions for a standard credit card entry…duh. 🙄

Not a big deal but still curious as to how you did it.

Well…I’ve tried for days to figure a way to enter the TSD/EFS card into the Loves app and I don’t think it’s possible. Even the tech support agent was clueless and gave me instructions for a standard credit card entry…duh. 🙄

Not a big deal but still curious as to how you did it.
x2

Just an FYI…as per Loves tech support, the TSD/EFS card CANNOT be used in the Loves app.

This is what I remember from the past.

Probably for the better to keep things streamlined.

Wondering if things have changed during the past few years.

This is how we added the TSD Logistics card to the Love's app. Note: we have a TSD Logistics EFS card which was issued before they renamed the RV side to OpenRoads.
It is a silver colored EFS branded card with 3 distinct sets of numbers on the front:
XXXXXX XXX
XXXXXXXXXX

In the Love's app, bottom left button, select "Profile"
Scroll down and select "Wallet"
Select "Fuel Card"
Select "EFS"
A few card layouts are presented, scroll to the card type that matched my card number layout/format - key in the numbers.

I also have a Love Rewards number too that is entered in the App.

For those where the TSD Logistics/Open Road card cannot be added, has the number format changed from the 3 sets of numbers that I listed above?

Using @MemoriesByTheMile method above, I do not find an option for fuel card. It only offers the option of adding a credit card to the wallet, and it does not recognize the EFS card as a credit card, nor should it for that matter.

Using @MemoriesByTheMile method above, I do not find an option for fuel card. It only offers the option of adding a credit card to the wallet, and it does not recognize the EFS card as a credit card, nor should it for that matter.
This is so very odd that you don’t see an option for fuel card.
This is what I see from the “add payment” screen:
IMG_5653.png

I don’t know if it makes a difference but we also have a Love’s rewards acct/number saved in the app and have saved the vehicle VIN in the app also.

Wondering if things have changed during the past few years.

This is how we added the TSD Logistics card to the Love's app. Note: we have a TSD Logistics EFS card which was issued before they renamed the RV side to OpenRoads.
It is a silver colored EFS branded card with 3 distinct sets of numbers on the front:
XXXXXX XXX
XXXXXXXXXX

In the Love's app, bottom left button, select "Profile"
Scroll down and select "Wallet"
Select "Fuel Card"
Select "EFS"
A few card layouts are presented, scroll to the card type that matched my card number layout/format - key in the numbers.

I also have a Love Rewards number too that is entered in the App.

For those where the TSD Logistics/Open Road card cannot be added, has the number format changed from the 3 sets of numbers that I listed above?
I’m sorry this side topic has hijacked the OP a bit, and probably would do well as its own Subject…but heck…why stop now? 😂

You just either have an older version of the app…OR…I wonder if you have a different form of account?

No option for a Fuel Card in version 10.1.0 of the LOVES CONNECT APP…
IMG_8087.jpeg

At any rate, this is the Official word from Loves support:
Unfortunately, the TSD cards are not compatible with the application at this time. We apologize for any frustration this may cause

I’m on the caper here. I have a strong feeling there are two levels of Accounts; Personal and Commercial (Business).

I’ve researched and see that all the fleet cards ARE accepted…and my guess is my account must be personal. I will need to call them to see about converting to a commercial account.

Latest resources

Back