RV Model
Aurora
RV Length
35 Ft.
Chassis
F53 Stripped chasis
Engine
Triton v-10 6.8L gas
I am looking for an evaporator core for a 2005 Coachmen Aurora 3480 DS. Hope someone has had to replace one at some time and can provide a part number or something so I can get my unit back on the road. Been down since June 2022

First, sorry, no I can't help with a part number but "back on the road" caught my eye. (Also in your other duplicate post where you are getting some parts help.)
My older F53 hasn't had working dash AC since I bought it a few years ago. As long as the generator and at least one of the two roof units work we'll go anywhere. Fixing my dash AC is on my to-do list but since we don't actually need it, it's not so high on the list.

Call up "Tim" at "ACKITS.com" with your request for mobile air parts. Be prepared to provide measurements, refrigerant type, pictures and descriptions of the port connection fittings because he might only be able to get you a new evaporator that is close but not an exact replacement for your original evaporator.

Rick

Call up "Tim" at "ACKITS.com" with your request for mobile air parts. Be prepared to provide measurements, refrigerant type, pictures and descriptions of the port connection fittings because he might only be able to get you a new evaporator that is close but not an exact replacement for your original evaporator.

Rick
Thanks for the info, I'll give him a call. I have plenty of pictures so I will get those to him as well. Thanks again.

Ford Part number is YK229

I thought so also but no, that core is not the core used in the 2005 Coachmen Aurora. The fittings are wrong and the mounting bracket is missing. The core that was used seems to have been manufactured specifically for coachmen. Thanks for the help though. I really appreciate it.

If it was made specifically for Coachmen then you may be out of luck unless you can find someone to make one for you.

If it was made specifically for Coachmen then you may be out of luck unless you can find someone to make one for you.
That’s what I am finding out. Coachmen doesn’t have any info for anything prior to 2009. Guess we don’t matter that much to them.

I don't think its so much Coachmen as it is Forest River the now Parent Company. They may have just gotten rid of that information. I did see a lot of 05 Aurora's still for sale. You may be able to contact the that dealer or owner to see what they say. Good Luck I hope you find something.

I don't think its so much Coachmen as it is Forest River the now Parent Company. They may have just gotten rid of that information. I did see a lot of 05 Aurora's still for sale. You may be able to contact the that dealer or owner to see what they say. Good Luck I hope you find something.
Found a welder that said he can weld the connections back onto the core so we will see. He did say that because of it being a pretty delicate job, there is a possibility of getting some pin holes so we will keep our fingers crossed. Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back