• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Everything happens for a reason.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
As some of you know, our 7-year-old German Shepherd inured the carpal tendon in his right leg. It’s a serious injury and multiple vets agreed that Ryker would be crippled, and we all needed to make changes for him to adapt to a new lifestyle. At the same time, we had a 3-month RV trip scheduled and we knew getting him in/out of the RV several times a day was going to be challenging.

But the trip had been planned for almost a year, so we loaded up the rig and headed out. On the second day the engine light came on just before getting to our lot in Silver Springs, FL. Turned out to be a DEF header, which effectively killed going any further and we had to cancel the trip to Key West. Crippled dog, damaged coach, canceled trip to Key West, crap, what else can happen.

While we worked on getting the coach repaired, we made a visit to a local veterinarian who it turned out, was married to another veterinarian that specialized in ligament issues in horses. She called him while we were in her office and asked if he would take a look at Ryker, and that got the ball rolling. Under Dr. Rullan’s guidance, Ryker was started on some progressive treatments that have produced very good results. He is now walking on all 4’s, where before, the injured leg was virtually useless. He uses a ramp to get in and out of the coach, but he does it on his own vs. me having to carry him in and out. The last week or so, he’s been walking so well that most people don’t even knows he’s hurt. This is a far cry from what the other vets told us to expect.

Then on Saturday, I noticed the coolest site in the park was up for sale. I met with the seller today, an interesting man to say the least. We agreed on a price, signed the paperwork, and it looks like were going to be moving! What a strange set of events had to occur for all this good stuff to be happening to us? Had the DEF header not died, we would have been in Key West and never met Dr. Rullan. Ryker would still be limping around on 3 legs, and we wouldn’t have found this awesome new place to spend our winters. Kind of interesting how that DEF header failed when it did, isn’t it?

My relationship with the creator has never been one that is addressed by visiting a church once a week, but it exists none the less. And I never cease to be amazed how he directs my actions and provides me with so much more than I deserve. Only he could be responsible for taking what was by all facets, a complete fiasco, and turn it into such a positive alternative.

It's almost as if it was predetermined.

View attachment 22695
View attachment 22694
Such a neat report on something bad going good. Great Write up.

Hi Jim:

I am so glad that Ryker is doing so much better. As a dog lover it kills me when one of my beloved dogs is hurt or sick.

Now correct me if I am wrong. Isn't this the THIRD RV lot you have bought in the past three years? I think you sold one? LOL 😂

Regards Jim P.

Hi Jim:

I am so glad that Ryker is doing so much better. As a dog lover it kills me when one of my beloved dogs is hurt or sick.

Now correct me if I am wrong. Isn't this the THIRD RV lot you have bought in the past three years? I think you sold one? LOL 😂

Regards Jim P.
What can I say, Trish like to decorate. I don't know what I'm going to do with her. . . 🙄

Good things come to good people. Glad to hear Ryker is doing better.

Latest resources

Back