Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KenL832

RVF Newbee
I have a 94 Holiday Rambler fifth wheel. Over the last two years I have had the following items replaced on the furnace at least once. These items are listed in no particular order of time of replacement. Motor, sail switch, limit switch, relay switch and control board. It’s an Excalibur 8940DCLP-II propane 12v. I have had 3 different technicians look at this unit and number of discussions with manufacturer. To this point no one can explain nor correct the problem. Additional recent upgrade was installation of a new AC control box and digital thermostat.
Now to the problem. The unit short cycles trying to get up to desired temperature. The first two ignition tend to be very smooth. On the third cycle it will attempt ignition and usually will be a kaboom. To date with all these part changes and cleaning no one has resolved.
I have insured all blockages removed and nothing can be found in ducts or covering registers. I even had a 3” added in the basement to allow for more flo and to aid in keeping piping in that area warm.
I would appreciate feed back as at a loss.
Replacement is not really an option as with current supply chain problems all venders have indicated a new unit is several months out if even become available
Thanks to all in advance

Latest resources

Back