Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Exterior of Fiberglass 5th Wheel Needs Serious Help.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

davalt75

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River Sandpiper
RV Model
365SAQB
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
I'm new to the forum but been camping since 2014. Our current camper is a 2018 Salem by Forest River 32BHDS. I've never owned a fiberglass camper but I have an opportunity to get a 2014 Forest River Sandpiper 5th wheel for a steal. The camper is in good shape overall for it's age. The interior is in great shape but the exterior needs some TLC. It's only cosmetic but I know me and I'll never be satisfied with it unless I can fix it. I'm not sure exactly what happened to the outside but I'm hoping someone on here can take a look and tell me if there's any way to maybe buff or wax it out.

Attachments

• 20220428_144148.jpg
    20220428_144148.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20220428_144140.jpg
    20220428_144140.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220428_152138.jpg
    20220428_152138.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
I deleted my post because I'm not sure I am correct. Can you post any better pictures so I can see better the problem?

Sorry, those are the best pictures I have at the moment. I don't think it's delamination based on the pics of that I found on the internet. The sides are perfectly smooth and look like they should other than the markings on them. It kind of looks like maybe someone tried to clean it with something and messed it up. It appears to be purely cosmetic but it looks bad and I wouldn't be happy with it.

I see it better now that I'm looking for it. The worst case then on that is to repaint it. If you can't polish it out, you could always repaint the affected areas. Could be kind of expensive depending on how much needs painting but that's a negotiation point to the sale if you otherwise like the camper.

Someone used pretty harsh chemical on it? New paint looks to be the only way to fix.

I'd opt to enlist the services of an automotive body shop. Select one that has experience in working with fiberglass. Have them buff it out and apply a coat of clear coat.

That thought has crossed my mind. I also thought about checking with a good car/truck detailer about buffing it but with it being fiberglass, an auto body shop might be the way to go.

Latest resources

Back