Chassis
Ford F-53, 26,000GVWR
Engine
Ford V-10
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
Fulltimer
No
I just got an EZ PASS XTRA, but can find no information regards mounting it, on the website.
Do any of you have either one, & if so, how did you mount it?
Any issues or problems with it "reading", when going through toll booths?:unsure:

Did it come with Velcro? Mine are attached to the windshield using Velcro, well actually the 3M stuff which is my fav:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NFBN4L4/?tag=rvf01-20

I actually have a separate ez-pass for the coach setup for 5 axles (3 coach + 2 toad) and then one in the toad for the 2 axle. When towing I wrap the toad ez-pass in aluminum foil and stow. If you don't have the right setup you could get a violation.

Mine are mounted to the windshield near the top center.

They sent one each for the Coach, the Terrain, & the Colorado. Believe that's the way mine is set up too.
Velcro is included.
Top center is what I was thinking too.(y)

Speaking of tolls.

Although I'm sure there are other states just as bad, but going through Florida is the only time I've encountered so many toll roads. It seems like I just get up to speed and I've got to stop for another one. On the same darned road!

What is this toll for anyway? There is one area where you get a ticket from an automated booth and then you drive for an hour or two before you come to a manned booth, and then they've got their greedy little paw out demanding $12.00-$15.00. Even more if you have a toad.

I thought the fuel taxes paid for these roads so why am I being double dipped? And given the hundreds (probably thousands) of tolls being collected each day, I can't fathom the amount of money the state must be collecting. How is this even legal?

I know, it baffles me too but I'm sure it's big money. The biggest problem I have is you're taking a major highway and stopping traffic. Around DC is terrible, I-95 south of Richmond had one (it may be back I think) and why in the world stop the flow of 70mph traffic??? Stupid!

In Florida it is to help maintain the roads using residents as well as tourist dollars. No state income tax so the $$ have to come from somewhere. The civil engineers have designed the system so that, in my opinion, attempting to avoid the toll by driving around them is a fool's errand.
We travel across the state using SR 528 often, one of the most heavily tolled roads. It is essential electronic pick pocketing. The electronic toll at least makes it convenient and when using the newest technology, over head readers, you no longer have to negotiate the toll lane barriers.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back