• Commercial/Vendors welcome

EZ Pass

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Maryland also charges by the axle. I travel with transponder only in the motorhome and get charged $36 (5 axles) for crossing the bridge from MD to VA.

So I’m curious what would happen if I had a transponder in the car too. Separately the cost would be $18 (3 axles) for the MH and $6 (2 axles) for the car. I’m now wondering how smart the transponder system is. Would it bill me $36 for the combination, $24 (MH + toad), or $36 + $6.

@JRS - I’m curious what you have been charged when have a transponder in each vehicle.

Maryland also charges by the axle. I travel with transponder only in the motorhome and get charged $36 (5 axles) for crossing the bridge from MD to VA.

So I’m curious what would happen if I had a transponder in the car too. Separately the cost would be $18 (3 axles) for the MH and $6 (2 axles) for the car. I’m now wondering how smart the transponder system is. Would it bill me $36 for the combination, $24 (MH + toad), or $36 + $6.

@JRS - I’m curious what you have been charged when have a transponder in each vehicle.
For the motor home when you bought the transponder, how many axles did you say you had?

For the motor home when you bought the transponder, how many axles did you say you had?
It’s the transponder for my Jeep. I just move it to the motorhome when we’re towing. I have not “registered” the MH with my EZPASS account, as they always charge me the correct amount based on axles. 2 for car, 3 for MH when not towing and 5 when towing.

Latest resources

Back