• Commercial/Vendors welcome

F150 EV. A little more info trickling out

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My 4x4 F150 is rated to pull 12,500 according to Ford’s towing guide, though I’d never consider coming anywhere close to that. Thankfully, she’s not towing anything at this point - she gets towed herself! But she might be in the future. Half tons have come a long way in the last 10 years.

That is an eye opener for sure. It wasn’t that long ago that I felt on the edge pulling a 9000 pound fifth wheel with a 3/4 ton. :). And that sucker never went more than 240 miles on a tank. :).
It has been estimated that 50% of truck/towable combinations are overloaded. That is a scary thought!

TJ

It has been estimated that 50% of truck/towable combinations are overloaded. That is a scary thought!

TJ
I guess what comes to mind is if a trailer weighs let’s say 12000 pounds, the tounge weight would be 1500 pounds...at least. By the time you get people and fuel in the truck you pretty much gotta be over the payload.

I’m thinking that lightning F150 would be a useful tow vehicle for many people around here pulling smaller 6000 pound weekend trailers. Not so much for cross country 10,000 pound hauls.

Latest resources

Back