• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Fenced site

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
First I would not be buying into the Park. I just want to park long term in one site. May be the rest of my life if I find the right location or I can move periodically. I’m turning 75 and starting to consider not traveling full time.

Also, I am retired living on Social Security and investments. I owned a “house” for over 40 years. I have no desire to own land or a “house” at this time. Craving Simplicity.

Are we talking buying a lot, where you own it? Or, permanently renting a lot, but you own what you put on it?

The problem I have seen with buying a park model, for example and paying lot rent forever, is no equity. The other problem is when the park is sold and the new owner doubles the lot rent. It then becomes unaffordable for some and now they have to sell this expensive park model on a bvery expensive lot -or find somewhere to which they can move it.

Sorry if my terms or thoughts are confusing.

What I am wanting to do is Park my 5th wheel on a sight. I want to be able to stay there for month to month. I expect to get water and sewer plus I expect to pay electricity. I want the Park, or county, to not have any restrictions for how long I can stay (as long as the Park owner and I are happy with each other. I do not want a lease over 12 months. But, I want the lease renewable as long as parties are happy with each. The lease is not required, I’d be happy with month to month.

I’m really not looking for equity at this time in my life. The part about if the Park gets sold is a very valid concern. Depends on “due diligence”. Location, price etc.

I do have to wonder, why "buy into a park" when you can buy a place of your own? But I have different criteria than the majority of the people on this forum (and others).
Your not alone, to bad most locations don't accommodate that thinking! Look at your land contract and see you are listed as a tenant! Think you really own anything???

Latest resources

Back