Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I have been looking at a lot of Parks lately for a possible long term location. I saw pictures, on the internet, of a park with each site having a wooden fence on 3 sides and a metal gate in front. Has anyone ever stayed in a location with this set up. On one hand it seems safe and secure but on the other it’s almost like a hermit type of location and unfriendly. Also, if someone did want to break in or whatever, they would have plenty of time to break in or steal something and no on to see them.

would be good though if you had dogs…

would be good though if you had dogs…
Unless the fencing just makes them bark more or if the owner never picks up the s_ _t.

Well I have solved my own question. I drove by the Park in question. About 1/3 of the sites had weeds knee high instead of grass. Another 1/3 had part grass and part dead grass. I did see only 1 lot with a dog and it was standing at a site gate. About 1/2 of the sites had piles of junk on the utility side between the RV and the fence. There was parking outside each site lot and several had 3 + cars parked at the gate. Several of those looked like they didn’t run.

I don’t think this is the type of Park I’m looking for.

I have been looking at a lot of Parks lately for a possible long term location. I saw pictures, on the internet, of a park with each site having a wooden fence on 3 sides and a metal gate in front. Has anyone ever stayed in a location with this set up. On one hand it seems safe and secure but on the other it’s almost like a hermit type of location and unfriendly. Also, if someone did want to break in or whatever, they would have plenty of time to break in or steal something and no on to see them.
Several of our sites are set up to give the pouch some "off leash time" with his humans. I wouldn't consider it a solution for "long term", as the fenced in area is only on the deck. But just thought I'd toss it in for reference.

DSCN9117.JPG

DSCN9519.JPG

DSCN2665.JPG

Large size.png

Beautiful site. Wish you were in N. Texas.

If it weren't for the fact that I added a fence (42" high) alongside my bus, my dog would NEVER be able to go outside.

Parks absolutely must be well managed and have high standards or they devolve into a collection of personal junk yards. The park I bought into earlier this year has a few occupants that are a bit wide of the mark, but for the most part it is neat and clean with no junk, no indoor furniture outside, no excess vehicles or golf carts or trailers, etc. If it was dumpy I wouldnt have even considered it. As it is I’m working with them to clean up some vegetative waste along one border with my equipment and time. They want to maintain high standards, higher than in the past. That makes a big difference to me.

I do have to wonder, why "buy into a park" when you can buy a place of your own? But I have different criteria than the majority of the people on this forum (and others).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back