Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Finally gonna hit the road for year long trip....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

PvtEyeRetired

RVF Regular
Finally the Bride is retiring and we're gonna hit the road for our trip around the country, gonna pull a 38' Travel Trailer with a F250 and Hensley hitch. My question to the Forum is thinking of converting outside kitchen to laundry center equipped with apt sized residential washer dryer, anyone ever done this and if so what can I expect?

I cannot be of any help on the kitchen/laundry swap, but it sounds reasonable if you are handy with that sort of thing. I think I could pull it off if the space's were accommodating. I'd love to see the project as it progresses.

And WELCOME to the forum!

i would carefully check the weight of the washer and dryer; don’t want to overload that side of the trailer. you may need to shift some weight to the opposite side to balance it out. I’m sure others with more specific knowledge of weight distribution on bumper pulls will chime in...

Finally the Bride is retiring and we're gonna hit the road for our trip around the country, gonna pull a 38' Travel Trailer with a F250 and Hensley hitch. My question to the Forum is thinking of converting outside kitchen to laundry center equipped with apt sized residential washer dryer, anyone ever done this and if so what can I expect?
Will do have remodeled several homes hopefully will have enough room, apt size appliances should fit and a lot cheaper than a Splendide, project planned for later in spring will post pictures...thanks

i would carefully check the weight of the washer and dryer; don’t want to overload that side of the trailer. you may need to shift some weight to the opposite side to balance it out. I’m sure others with more specific knowledge of weight distribution on bumper pulls will chime in...
Excellent point and will incorporate that suggestion in my planning...thanks

Owned a Forest River Rockland, sold it years ago, getting back into the RV Lifestyle with upcoming cross country trip, I am considering purchasing new Forest River Classic travel trailer OR a Grand Design Reflection travel trailer. I attempted to contact Forest River customer service with a question of dimensions for their outside kitchen cubicle for my conversion to washer dryer laundry room. I was appalled at their lack of"customer service" and only after 24 hours, 10 phone calls, 4 emails did I finally found one young lady named Kay who actually cared and responded with the info required Is this typical of the "CUSTOMER SERVICE" I will be receiving once I am a customer of Forest River or is this typical "customer service" in the RV industry?

I owned a Class A Coachmen (owned by Forest River) prior to my Newmar. While I didn’t have too many serious issues, the customer service was really terrible. Both dealers I worked with for service indicated that Forest River was extremely frustrating to deal with.

Latest resources

Back