Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Finally making the plunge into RV living next year.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

swanee98

RVF Newbee
Questions, truck and trailer or motorhome? TV and phone? What service is best or least expensive?
We're here to figure it out with you seasoned travelers.

I was forced into RV living due to a divorce.

for me, tv isn't that important, I use an appleTV and the free pluto app. off-air channels if/when I can get them.

internet is more important as I work remotely a lot, not full time, but 60%+ per month. I am using a verizon hotspot with unlimited data, I put the Sim from the hot spot into a peplink max br1 mini LTEA and it works great.

However, I am not moving around much, so in my current location I have full 4G signal and it provides me with what I need.

I also purchased an ecoflow delta pro max 7200wh lithium battery system which has a 30amp connection for the trailer and uses solar and/or 110v shoreline power to charge. it gives me 14 hours of power without using the HVAC. Plugs directly into the trailer and the controllers/inverters are all built in. If I run the HVAC I only get about 6 hours out of the batteries, but right now HVAC isn't needed.

for now, I am on a relative's property, their city has stupid rules about living in an RV on a property within city limits.

I can be connected to power only if no one is living in the trailer, I can only be connected to water and sewage for full and empty. If I am living in the trailer I have to be completely disconnected from the house for power/water/sewage.

My biggest issue/concern are my dogs. 2 GS/Doberman mixes (70lbs each), I've had Nana and Tessa for several years, not willing to give them up, they are having a hard time adjusting to living in a small space and being leashed in the yard, they grew up with a big yard and a dog door allowing them to come and go as they please.
I will likely have to move to an RV park soon and pay rental fees, just have to find one that accepts dogs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back