Firearm forms

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Don't get caught.

I've been known to drive 37mph in a 35mph zone before too.

Breaking laws in other countries is almost as American as breaking them back home. Of course, FA & FO what the consequences are.

There are also some other restrictions in Canada that we in USA might not be aware of such as illegal folding knives.
What is a typical carry knife in the US is illegal in Canada.

And if you happen to have a Carry Permit you can expect to be grilled about why you feel the need to have a CCW, what guns you own, where do you keep them, etc.

Honestly the more I read about this, the less interested I am about crossing the border. I'd like to see Quebec city again, but the risk of border crossing issues is just too high.

I too would like to head up there again, particularly to Toronto but the harder they work to make folks less welcome, the more successful they'll be at deterring tourist dollars.

We’re flying to Canada in five days. I can’t wait.

We’re also looking for a bigger house, and coastal BC (north of Vancouver) has come up in discussions plenty of times.

There are also some other restrictions in Canada that we in USA might not be aware of such as illegal folding knives.
What is a typical carry knife in the US is illegal in Canada.

And if you happen to have a Carry Permit you can expect to be grilled about why you feel the need to have a CCW, what guns you own, where do you keep them, etc.

Honestly the more I read about this, the less interested I am about crossing the border. I'd like to see Quebec city again, but the risk of border crossing issues is just too high.

Just take a shotgun, declare it, fill out the forms, spend fhe 45 minutes talking about it, have a cup of coffee with the border guys, get the sticker, and be on your way. Its really not that bad in the grand order of things,

When caught, go to jail! Americans crossing into Canada will absolutely be asked about firearms. Failure to declare will result in being fitted for silver brackets, irrevocable confiscation of firearm(s) and the risk of vehicle(s) being impounded. There's no 2nd chance and 2nd amendment means nothing.
Last time I crossed into Canada they didn’t even ask about firearms. They asked about chicken. Because they had a bird flu in wild ducks that originated in Canada so they banned bringing any chicken products in from the USA. Made perfect sense.

Also when I came back to the USA the US customs folks got all upset because my dog food was in a bin and not in the original bag. I got tired of talking about it let them have the dog food. Literally. They weren’t amused.

Latest resources

Back