• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ironang

RVF Newbee
2019 Vibe
1. To heat water: propane valves are open, the on switch outside, I hear it firing, and the red switch on the control panel. I’m getting hot water but my question is, is it continuously using the propane even though the control panel switch is off? Or do i have to go through all the motions every time I need hot water??
2. Kitchen sink doesn’t get water at all, what am I missing?
3. Somehow the awning switch on the control panel was bumped and it sticks out a bit and won’t work at all anymore, any suggestions?

It should only use propane when it is firing. There should be a thermostat that tells the controls when the water is not hot enough. This will trigger the heater to fire. When water reaches proper temperature, the system will shut the gas off at the heater. Once started the heater should work automatically until you shut it off or the gas runs out.

Billnourse is correct, no propane unless it is heating. The sink will have an aerator that unscrews from the end of the spout. Chances are the screen is plugged. If not there then check to make sure the valves under the sink are open. Easy way to tell is look at them. The handles are oval shaped and they long way will be inline with the water line when open. Far as the awning switch, pull the switch out and check for 12V at the switch. One wire should have the power and the other won't. If you have no power there, then you need to hunt down the fuse for it, and if you have power on the one wire operate the switch and check for 12V when you operate the switch.
Let us know what you find.

The switch outside is to heat your water with electricity. Doesn't matter if the propane valves are on or off. The switch on the control panel is to heat with propane; of course the valves need to be on. If you're camping w/hookups, or at least power, you don't want to waste your propane heating water; by turning on that switch outside, your water will stay hot. Might take a while to initially heat up. Now if you run out of hot water and want a quick recovery, you can turn on the switch on the control panel, and it will heat up real fast. Don't forget to turn the switch back off. The whole idea is to not use your propane! Leave the outside switch on the whole time your camping, but NEVER leave it on if the tanks is empty! You'll burn out the annode in about 30 seconds.

Latest resources

Back