First time with a TOAD, 2023 Gladiator

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
How do you power your brake?
I'm using the NSA Ready Brute Elite tow bar system - it has a built-in surge brake rather than an electrical connection. The only electrical connection I have to the Jeep is for the brake/signal lights, and I'm using a switch so that the lights are powered either from the Jeep (for normal driving) or from the RV (for towing) so there's no interaction with the Jeep's computer modules at all when towing. Cooltech LLC has a lighting harness similar to what I built but they are very proud of theirs!

I'm using the NSA Ready Brute Elite tow bar system - it has a built-in surge brake rather than an electrical connection. The only electrical connection I have to the Jeep is for the brake/signal lights, and I'm using a switch so that the lights are powered either from the Jeep (for normal driving) or from the RV (for towing) so there's no interaction with the Jeep's computer modules at all when towing. Cooltech LLC has a lighting harness similar to what I built but they are very proud of theirs!
Thanks! I am having the Blue Ox Patriot installed for brake system, will find out how it will be powered..

I ran a fused battery direct 12v outlet to the driver's footwell for powering an RVi3 brake on my Gladiator and previous JK. If it's an automatic, there is an easy way through the firewall near the brake booster. Traded the Gladiator for a JLUR with a Stay-in-play already installed by the previous owner. It works great. I love not having to put a box on the floor and attach it to the brake pedal.

I have read the owners manual on the correct procedure, with this unlock the steering wheel or will I need to be sure the wheels are straight? Will the battery get drained for the brake/running lights? My wife read something about a switch on the front of the floor console? Any info will help. Will be using a Blue Ox set up and brake box. Thanks!
WE power our brake buddy through the power source on the dash. Our SuperCrew is always hot. I have a small charger under the hood by the battery that is powered by our coach. This keeps the battery charged. I think I bought it from Brake Buddy or Blue Ox I cannot remember.

Latest resources

Back