Chassis
Ram
Engine
Cummings
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator
Fulltimer
No
I have read the owners manual on the correct procedure, with this unlock the steering wheel or will I need to be sure the wheels are straight? Will the battery get drained for the brake/running lights? My wife read something about a switch on the front of the floor console? Any info will help. Will be using a Blue Ox set up and brake box. Thanks!

The procedure in the manual results in the wheels being unlocked on my 2020 Gladiator. As for draining the battery: make very sure that when you turn off the engine, the ignition button reads "OFF", and not "ACC." It's very easy to overlook, and will result in a dead battery on a longer day's drive.

I don't know how the Blue OX system works, but it is a relatively simple procedure to run a battery charge wire from the coach to the toad battery. This will keep you from draining the toad battery.

Here's a previous thread on the topic: Jeep won’t start after towing

The procedure in the manual results in the wheels being unlocked on my 2020 Gladiator. As for draining the battery: make very sure that when you turn off the engine, the ignition button reads "OFF", and not "ACC." It's very easy to overlook, and will result in a dead battery on a longer day's drive.

I don't know how the Blue OX system works, but it is a relatively simple procedure to run a battery charge wire from the coach to the toad battery. This will keep you from draining the toad battery.

Here's a previous thread on the topic: Jeep won’t start after towing
Thanks! I will check with the installer to see if he puts the line to the battery.

Neither the Gladiator, nor the Wrangler, have had a steering wheel lock since mid-way through the 2008 model year so you don't need to worry about that. As for draining the battery: be aware that if you are using the 12V power outlet on the dash it shuts down about 5-10 minutes after you shut off the ignition. You will need to rewire it to be hot all the time, or you'll need to add a new power outlet that is hot all the time.

Neither the Gladiator, nor the Wrangler, have had a steering wheel lock since mid-way through the 2008 model year so you don't need to worry about that. As for draining the battery: be aware that if you are using the 12V power outlet on the dash it shuts down about 5-10 minutes after you shut off the ignition. You will need to rewire it to be hot all the time, or you'll need to add a new power outlet that is hot all the time.
Thanks!

Our 2018 JK has a socket that stays hot in the center consul. I have my brake buddy plugged into it and have been on the road for as long as six hours and still have not ever drained the battery. Ignition and accessory are always off.

Darrell

Our 2018 JK has a socket that stays hot in the center consul. I have my brake buddy plugged into it and have been on the road for as long as six hours and still have not ever drained the battery. Ignition and accessory are always off.

Darrell
Will check under the cover to see if it has one. Tks

Darrell
Yeah, the JK had that hot outlet in the center console - unfortunately it has disappeared in the Gladiator!

Yeah, the JK had that hot outlet in the center console - unfortunately it has disappeared in the Gladiator!
Somebody at Chrysler wasn't thinking! What kind of cost saving was that? $10.00 if that! Dumb A$$es! :)

Darrell

Latest resources

Back