Forest River
RV Model
Palomino Puma unleashed 383ss
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
F350
Fulltimer
Yes
For some this isn't really a food question but for us fishing and hunting have been a part of our menu which I'm looking forward to figuring out on the road.

Anyone else fish or hunt? What are your favorite "dining" locations?

For some this isn't really a food question but for us fishing and hunting have been a part of our menu which I'm looking forward to figuring out on the road.

Anyone else fish or hunt? What are your favorite "dining" locations?
Around a campfire and with friends.

No I meant where do people hunt and fish. I can't be the only one who likes catching breakfast.

No I meant where do people hunt and fish. I can't be the only one who likes catching breakfast.
No you are not the only one. I stay much of my time in AZ. because I am registered here. I don't like the out of state prices for fishing license. I like the rim in Arizona for fishing, not a hunter.

I only fish and hunt in my home state simply because I don't want to pay the ridiculous high license fees for out-of-state licenses. In my home state I don't even have to buy a license because of my age.

I am in the coastal bend area of Texas. The primary reason for my wife and I to come here was for the fishing, but I screwed that up.... Just before we left Minnesota I fell backwards over a fire ring and tore my right shoulder up to the point of almost needing replaced. I had surgery on it in Texas and start therapy on Monday for the next six to eight weeks. Can't raise my arm enough to cast a rod.... Hopefully it will be better by the end of next month if we are still here, but that's another story.

We have 3 favorite fishing locations in Wyoming. Float trips are the ultimate luxury. I do float trips to spend time w/ my sons who also like fly fishing. Being in the boat we get quality time together and some good memories.

1) Snake River below the Tetons. - Awesome views and great fishing but expensive to float. Worth the $$

RTN01814.jpg

RTN01812.jpg

2) Green River south of Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Multiple put in / take out locations.

3) Grey Reef west of Casper Wyoming. Views aren't as good as the other's mentioned above but the fishing is great.

My go to fishing is down the baja. At home in Nevada its hard to get excited about catching fish the size of our live bait . Plus when you tie on to a yellowtail, dorado or marlin you have a real fight on your hands instead of just just reeling them in.

We have 3 favorite fishing locations in Wyoming. Float trips are the ultimate luxury. I do float trips to spend time w/ my sons who also like fly fishing. Being in the boat we get quality time together and some good memories.

1) Snake River below the Tetons. - Awesome views and great fishing but expensive to float. Worth the $$

View attachment 4534

View attachment 4535

2) Green River south of Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Multiple put in / take out locations.

3) Grey Reef west of Casper Wyoming. Views aren't as good as the other's mentioned above but the fishing is great.
My child hood stomping grounds.

I am in the coastal bend area of Texas. The primary reason for my wife and I to come here was for the fishing, but I screwed that up.... Just before we left Minnesota I fell backwards over a fire ring and tore my right shoulder up to the point of almost needing replaced. I had surgery on it in Texas and start therapy on Monday for the next six to eight weeks. Can't raise my arm enough to cast a rod.... Hopefully it will be better by the end of next month if we are still here, but that's another story.
Here's to a quick recovery and a healthy casting arm. :)

Latest resources

Back