Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Long ago, probably 6 years ago, I picked up recommended spares both learned from Camp Freightliner but also a Cummins center I believe it was. I still have those spares under my bed in my spares bin. This year my tech asked about spares and I said give me whatever you recommend. They actually have a set ready for you, they need to just determine your belts, but they give you a back which is nice. I think it's a fuel/water separator and fuel filter, and then the belts. They say what you do is when you come for service each year to give them your spares (not the belts) and they will use them for your service and issue you new spares so you rotate them each visit. I wasn't aware of this practice, passing the message.

Long ago, probably 6 years ago, I picked up recommended spares both learned from Camp Freightliner but also a Cummins center I believe it was. I still have those spares under my bed in my spares bin. This year my tech asked about spares and I said give me whatever you recommend. They actually have a set ready for you, they need to just determine your belts, but they give you a back which is nice. I think it's a fuel/water separator and fuel filter, and then the belts. They say what you do is when you come for service each year to give them your spares (not the belts) and they will use them for your service and issue you new spares so you rotate them each visit. I wasn't aware of this practice, passing the message.
Been doing this at annual Spartan chassis service. Belts will degrade over time when exposed to environment and I vacuum sealed mine

Nice to know as we look to schedule our first year service.

Newmar parts also stocks these kits for both chassis’s if in area

Latest resources

Back