Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dieselsearching

RVF Regular
Can anyone give me some feedback on the quality and dependability of the Fleetwood Pace Arrow? Think its 33-34 foot.
Looking at one that is no more than about 5 years old.
Thanks.

was moving a 95 pace arrow from KC,KC to PHX,AZ. While passing a silo the change in wind pattern popped the wind shield out. I have nothing better to say about it.

The Pace Arrow is their budget line. I'd spend a little more and get one with better quality. Fleetwood and Holiday Rambler make some decent coaches but I wouldn't want the cheapest line they made. Of course that goes for ANY brand!!! Just my $.02. Your mileage may vary! ;)

The Pace Arrow is their budget line. I'd spend a little more and get one with better quality. Fleetwood and Holiday Rambler make some decent coaches but I wouldn't want the cheapest line they made. Of course that goes for ANY brand!!! Just my $.02. Your mileage may vary! ;)
Thank you very much for your response. Any ideas on makes, models for a small diesel pusher no more than 5 years old with a cummins engine???

Thank you very much for your response. Any ideas on makes, models for a small diesel pusher no more than 5 years old with a cummins engine???
Any particular reason you won't consider one more than 5 years old? RV buying in not like buying a used car. Sometimes newer isn't always better. Here's a couple things to consider..........
1. Diesel pusher's were in their 'hey day' from about 2000 - 2008. This is when quality was at it's highest. Today, sales have skyrocketed so the production lines are going at max capacity. The incresed speed has caused quality issues across the board, even with the better name brands.
2. Diesel engines after 2010 were in their 3rd round of new emissions regulations. At this point they now required DEF fluid. The fluid is expensive and the DEF systems are troublesome. Pre-2007 diesel engines had no complicated emissions and are more reliable as a result. The pre-emission engines get MUCH better fuel economy.
3. Unless you're looking at a $500k coach most of the newer mid-priced coaches have gone to the smaller 6.7L Cummins engine to save on cost. It has less torque than the engines in the older coaches.
4. If you look, you can find one owner VERY low mileage used units from 2000-2007 for about 1/3 the cost of a newer RV. With the cost savings you can upgrade the TV's to the newer flat screen "smart" TV's and put a residential 'fridge in it. You could even replace the carpet and add wood floors or tile and still be at less than half price of a new one with a coach that looks like new without the quality issues of the newer coaches.

I may one day buy a newer coach myself. But I bought our 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador with 36k miles with the larger 8.3L Cummins diesel for $60k. I put 3 new flat screen TV's in it and a stainless steel french door/bottom freeezer 'fridge in it, just had both captains chairs rebuilt with new foam and matching ultra leather, new tile floors, new carpet on the drivers side slide, new stairwell done in all tile, dash and A pillars and door panels re-dyed to look new again, 2 new A/C units with digital thermostat and I bet I don't have $80,000 in it total. It's something to think about. ;)

Latest resources

Back