• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Fleetwood vs Thor

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks, USMCRet. That would work as well, please share any helpful links if you remember where you read on that information.
Triple bunks is not something that Newmar will do themselves but there is a local carpenter not far from the factory that will do it post sale, using the same materials and stains as newmar so that it all appears stock.

I believe Newmar knows who that carpenter is and might refer you to them for it. If not, someone on this forum or in the Newmar Owners Club over on IRV2.com surely knows.

Also have you considered a 5er @GSP89? Grand Design was acquired by Newmar about a year before Newmar was acquired by Winnie. They produce a solid, very nice 5th wheel.

Triple bunks is not something that Newmar will do themselves but there is a local carpenter not far from the factory that will do it post sale, using the same materials and stains as newmar so that it all appears stock.

I believe Newmar knows who that carpenter is and might refer you to them for it. If not, someone on this forum or in the Newmar Owners Club over on IRV2.com surely knows.

Thanks for all the great information.

We owned a 2017 Discovery LXE and had nothing but trouble but I have friends that have owned them for years and have never seen the shop. I not sure why some coaches are almost problem-free and others are not but all manufacturers seem to have the problem. I bought a 2017 Ventana LE since it had the least amount of advanced tech that I could find. All those fancy panels are great till they break then they are a nightmare to get fixed. Our Discovery panels would break on the road and work fine when brought in for warranty work.

Someone above said Newmar bought Grand Design and that incorrect. Winne bought Grand Designed several years ago and Winne bought Newmar last year.

I think if you want a more overall review you need to look at more than one or two peoples opinion. As someone has stated one could be a lemon and another have no problems at all. Here is a place that will give you some overall feedback to make you own decision.

Someone above said Newmar bought Grand Design and that incorrect. Winne bought Grand Designed several years ago and Winne bought Newmar last year.
I stand corrected. Still a solid 5er though. I’ve been in a few of them and they are very nice and well built compared to others.

We owned a 2017 Discovery LXE and had nothing but trouble but I have friends that have owned them for years and have never seen the shop. I not sure why some coaches are almost problem-free and others are not but all manufacturers seem to have the problem. I bought a 2017 Ventana LE since it had the least amount of advanced tech that I could find. All those fancy panels are great till they break then they are a nightmare to get fixed. Our Discovery panels would break on the road and work fine when brought in for warranty work.

Thanks, Gizmo!

I think if you want a more overall review you need to look at more than one or two peoples opinion. As someone has stated one could be a lemon and another have no problems at all. Here is a place that will give you some overall feedback to make you own decision.

Thank you, BGMAC.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back