• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Florida for Winter 2020-21

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Florida 2020-2021, & beyond issue resolved!
While in St. Augustine the week of the 17th-23rd, we signed a contract to have our new RV Port home built. A great location. 10-12 minutes from I-95 access, 10 minutes from Butler Beach(my sister lives there), and 10-12 minutes from downtown, historic St. Augustine! Downsizing a bit, a nice 2 car garage, and my much desired RV garage!
Appears we will be closing on it in the November-December time frame! Quite excited, as it is a smaller sub-division community with only 74 total homes & the road from U.S. Rt.1 to the sub-division entrance terminates about 1/4 mile beyond the entrance. A nice quiet area for at least a few years! Who knows what development can occur. But behind it is agricultural land.
Happy. Happy!?

But, it's gonna be an adjustment from living in a more rural area of Virginia!:unsure:

While in St. Augustine the week of the 17th-23rd, we signed a contract to have our new RV Port home built. A great location. 10-12 minutes from I-95 access, 10 minutes from Butler Beach(my sister lives there), and 10-12 minutes from downtown, historic St. Augustine! Downsizing a bit, a nice 2 car garage, and my much desired RV garage!
Appears we will be closing on it in the November-December time frame! Quite excited, as it is a smaller sub-division community with only 74 total homes & the road from U.S. Rt.1 to the sub-division entrance terminates about 1/4 mile beyond the entrance. A nice quiet area for at least a few years! Who knows what development can occur. But behind it is agricultural land.
Happy. Happy!?

But, it's gonna be an adjustment from living in a more rural area of Virginia!:unsure:
Congratulations! I love St. Augustine!?

Happy. Happy!?

What is the name of the development if you don't mind

The Seasons at Deerfield.
Being developed by Richmond American Homes.
I think they only have 2-3 lots left on which they can build the RV Garage homes.

We stayed at Neopolitan Cove in Naples last winter. We have reservations this year in Clermont at Clerbrook.

We stayed at Neopolitan Cove in Naples last winter

That's where I'm trying to get into but can't reserver until Sept 15th as it's less than 3 months. How is it there? Unofficial review?

Quiet, nice people renting there, management very good, grounds maintenance very good, lots of activities in the clubhouse. Really good Mexican restaurant across Tamiami (Mr Tequila)

Thanks. I'm trying to anchor there for Pickleball at the East Naples Community Center.

Neal, I've mentioned this before but I'll provide the info again if anyone is interested.

We have wintered in the Ft Myers/Cape Coral area for the past 5 years. Part of that time we actually owned a home there also. Have stayed in Gulf Waters and a couple other parks in that area. Last winter we began comparing temps to areas a little further north and decided there was really only a 2 or 3 degree difference if we migrated 80 to 100 miles north.

We found a really nice place (Rainbow RV Resort) up in Frostproof. We originally visited the area to look at lots for sale at Lilly Lakes Golf Resort. It is a owner/owned resort that surrounds a 9 hole course they own. Prices were extremely good. For example, to purchase a nice size RV lot and bring all the utilities up it would have been around $35,000. You can then build an RV port, just a concrete pad, or an RV port with attached modular home. HOAs were around $150 per month. We were looking at less than a $100,000 investment to have a really spacious lot with RV port.

While considering that we drove about 3 miles away and visited Rainbow. A great rent park with extremely nice facilities. They had a special going on premium lots. If you pass a background check they offer you a 2 year lease on your own lot. It is just concrete but comes with a 10'x10' storage shed. You only pay $287 per month plus electric. We never spent a winter in Florida and paid less than $5,000, so paying $3,444 a year to have our own lot that no one else can use was too good to pass up.

Actually they way things are going around the country this year we may just need to be back on our leased lot from the end of October through May of 2021.
We are very happy that we will be in a slightly more "rural" area of Florida this fall. We are looking forward to exploring Sebring, Winter Haven, and all the other nice smaller communities in that area. This inexpensive lease in a nice friendly resort gives us at least 2 years to do that.

Thanks @FL-JOE - my trip to Florida is more about Pickleball than site ownership. I do want to get either FL or TX residency someday and also spend more time there in the future. I'm just looking at my winter options right now which again are 1) stay in couch at home, 2) Return to Palm Creek in AZ where they have nice organized play, 3) Seek out great pickleball in Florida and right now it seems the East Naples Community Center with 52 courts is a place to check out.

Latest resources

Back