Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Florida plans - winter 2022-23?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On the road 2 weeks from tomorrow.
Think I'll make reservations today. First night just south of Nashville, 2nd night Troy AL, 3rd night Lake City FL, then home base.
When I got this motorhome I thought "Cool I can just overnight at rest areas and not pay campground fees". Not happening. Seems to be discouraged for one, that's a lot of time to take up a rest area spot since I like to be off the road by 4 at the latest.
So it will be $50, $30, $30.

St. Augustine Florida is beautiful this time of year! "Nights of Lights" get switched on tomorrow, & will be on through the end of January! If you want to enjoy something breathtaking, come visit! You will be impressed!
In early January, we will leave the coach in the garage, and drive 7 miles to the historic district and spend the evening & next day at "Bayfront Marin", an exquisite 1800's, Bed & Breakfast!
Oh, and the weather is wonderful here!:cool: A great time of the year to be in Florida!
Will post a picture after the lights are on, if I can properly do the download! This "Ol Man" is technology challenged!;)

I will be enjoying the Captiva beaches without crowds starting next few weeks.

I will be enjoying the Captiva beaches without crowds starting next few weeks.
Hadn't heard of Captiva Beach before, so I looked at it on Google Earth. Looked nice! Next, did a quick search for property for sale on Captiva Beach. And um, yeah. . . looks to be a shade out of my price range. :cool:

Typically the beaches have 10s of families during the busy winter season. This season, not so crowded.

How are things going for those in Florida or going to Florida with the hurricane damage?

@NWIP are you all able to nest in your winter retreat? How are things looking at your place in Ft Myers?
Sorry missed this post as we were down at our place helping with cleanup 😳. Lots of work has been done with cleaning things up and still a work in progress but Tiki Bar is open and pool should open this week. My electrical panel is getting temporary repair this week and ultimately replaced sometime this winter when parts arrive. Pickle ball courts have been cleaned, nets repaired and being used.

Lots of cleanup still going on at Ft. Myers Beach area and it will take years to rebuild.

We have the fema trailers coming in here, 6-8 of them. 24-28 ft tin sided jaycos. They're putting them in the front of the park in the new addition, no grass yet and pretty much all sand.

The contractors fema hires seem to be a very sad lot with no pride in their work. Hard sewers held up by tomato stakes. Some cut off, some not. Doing everything they can to redneck up our resort. I'm sure I've posted on here before that how after Irma the park called me and said they were parking fema trailers on both sides of me and would give me another spot if I wanted. I said I'm 1200 miles away, it doesn't matter to me. No one would move in the fema trailers because we're so far from town. Contractors came and got them and stole my satellite dish, my hard sewer piping, and all my paving blocks I had extended my patio with.

I've had a few fema assisted people over here near me with their own trailers. One had their house destroyed on Pine Island, only stayed 3 weeks, he said it was wearing him out driving the 50 miles back and forth every day.
The others would park their trailer and never be here, hardly even spend a night, just leave the trailer.

Oh my that doesn’t sound good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back