Question Fogged Window Repair

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What are you talking, dual pane?

From my limited experience (we’ve had two go bad), the entire window is replaced. Most double-pane windows have an inert gas between the panes and, when they lose their seal, the gas leaks out and moisture is pulled in.

I have heard that there are a couple of places that can rebuild existing windows, but I think this is probably only done where finding a replacement is difficult.

TJ

From my limited experience (we’ve had two go bad), the entire window is replaced. Most double-pane windows have an inert gas between the panes and, when they lose their seal, the gas leaks out and moisture is pulled in.

I have heard that there are a couple of places that can rebuild existing windows, but I think this is probably only done where finding a replacement is difficult.

TJ
Who does that kind of replacement, like acme glass or something?

Who does that kind of replacement, like acme glass or something?
We had ours replaced by the coach manufacturer, Newmar. Some larger glass shops may be able to do it, but I would be looking for an RV shop with an experienced installer.

TJ

With all due respect, dual pane windows aren't sealed with inert gas. In fact, lots of dual pane windows in homes aren't either. The rather expensive line of Pella windows doesn't use sealed dual panes of glass.

To repair MH dual pane windows there is no reason to replace the glass unless it has been etched by the water vapor between the panes.

Otherwise, you clean them up and put in new seals. We had four windows repaired by RVFogDoctor of Searcy AR at a price of $200 each. We were on our way by 2pm; it's not a difficult job if it's done by someone who knows what he is doing.

Th
With all due respect, dual pane windows aren't sealed with inert gas. In fact, lots of dual pane windows in homes aren't either. The rather expensive line of Pella windows doesn't use sealed dual panes of glass.

To repair MH dual pane windows there is no reason to replace the glass unless it has been etched by the water vapor between the panes.

Otherwise, you clean them up and put in new seals. We had four windows repaired by RVFogDoctor of Searcy AR at a price of $200 each. We were on our way by 2pm; it's not a difficult job if it's done by someone who knows what he is doing.
anks for your response, the windows don’t wipe off it is between the pains! Just don’t know who I could find inbox to do it?

Th

anks for your response, the windows don’t wipe off it is between the pains! Just don’t know who I could find inbox to do it?
There are a number of companies around the US that specialize in fixing this problem. I was very pleased with the one in Arkansas that fixed ours.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back