RV Model
Kokomo (custom build)
RV Length
20'
Chassis
Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
3.7 l V6
Any thoughts or experience out there on fold up steps?

We just got a new built-out camper based on the Ram Promaster 2500 (built by BOHO). I want to install a fold up step for the van. My wife and I are pretty nimble but the step up into the van is fairly high.

The one that BOHO suggested was very nice but very expensive ($690).ETRAILER It was a spring-based one that you just tap to pop it open.

I don't feel like need a spring loaded one so I did some more searching. I found this one on Amazon that looks like is swings pretty easily: TIMAGIC . It is only $170 but I have to wait at least a month to get it!

I am not a fan of fold out or slide out steps.
The number of steps I have repaired has given me my opinion.

Most often the failure is due to contact with curbs, however I don't like the stability issue either.

Best setup I have seen swings up inside the door way and rests on the ground when open.

To cure the curb thing, installed a proximity switch on the step frame that is powered by the acc circuit, with flashing LED so you remember the step is out before you drive off.

Ha! That is a good point. Driving off with your step out is probably just as easy as...driving off from the gas station with the nozzle still in your tank.

Latest resources

Back