• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Food Saver in your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Cute lol Don't hate on a confident, capable woman. ;-)
Oh, please don't misunderstand; I didn't mean to "hate on" anyone. It was my way of trying to atone for my earlier error. My comment was in jest in hopes I could get back into your good graces. Apparently, it didn't work. I have great respect for "confident, capable" women; I have been married to one for 57 years.

TJ

When at home I like to smoke meat. Ribs, pork butts, briskets, pork bellies, fish, you name it. Generally make more than a couple of meals worth and into the food saver. Works great for the trips. After a days driving you want to relax and not worry about making a good meal. Reach in the freezer and pop it into the micro weave. Presto. Easy smoked baby back ribs like they just came off the smoker. Add a can of baked beans and a slice or two of Texas toast and you have a meal fit for a king. Tomorrow smoked brisket or chicken. It's all good.

We use one a lot at home. Never really needed it in the RV.

I seal individual portions of chicken, pork, beef, etc in vacuum bags with the appropriate seasonings, and freeze them. Then pull them out and cook them Sous Vide whenever we want to. Some then get grilled quickly for additional flavor.

I just used mine. I enjoy shopping at places like Costco as they have a great meat/seafood department. I then divide it up into singles, as it's just me, and vacuum seal and freeze them. Getting ready to leave on a long trip so I stocked on my fav meats/seafood.

@Neal Are you going to pack the lower freezer for your trip? I usually leave mine in fridge mode and use for refreshments. I usually have enough room in the inside freezer for a week or 2 of prepacked (vacuum bagged) portions

@Neal Are you going to pack the lower freezer for your trip? I usually leave mine in fridge mode and use for refreshments. I usually have enough room in the inside freezer for a week or 2 of prepacked (vacuum bagged) portions
No, right now the Dometic CF-80 in the basement is set to 34 degrees (I have yet to check this accuracy) so it's in refrigerator mode. I just keep beverages in there now.

I just used mine. I enjoy shopping at places like Costco as they have a great meat/seafood department. I then divide it up into singles, as it's just me, and vacuum seal and freeze them. Getting ready to leave on a long trip so I stocked on my fav meats/seafood.
One of the things I'm going to miss about living full-time in an rv is the bulk shopping (in my case bulk butchering also). When Walmart had briskets for less than $2/lb I'd buy 5 and grind and cube, make mini roasts and brine. Cheaper than buying a cow.

Latest resources

Back