Dutch Star
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
Ram 1500
Fulltimer
No
Purchased 2023 Dutch Star 4369 in Lewisville from NIRVC April 2023. After spending 2 weeks at pickup fixing minor items and 1 major (paint correction), we headed out on a 4 month trip through Colorado, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, we are now in Nappanee, as planned, to take care of anything we found during our journey. Here is our list for Newmar:

- Toilet hose recall
- Full wall slide excessive water under topper
- Water leaking through emergency window from excessive water on slide (see above)
- Full wall slide center Facia coming off
- Conduit from roof to driver side cabinet (special), confirm plate on roof is over conduit opening. ( I ordered 2 of these and first one was 3 inches off requiring 2 holes to be drilled.
- Rear view camera went offline while driving and needed to be rebooted.
- Solar charger for Chassis battery not working
- battery isolation manager is stuck in closed position
- kitchen vacuum sweeper works intermittently
- 1/2 batch door out of adjustment. Wood is rubbing and hard to open/close.

Also while we are here Newmar will replace our windshield, which got it with a rock and cracked in the first 100 miles of ownership.

Newmar estimates we will be here the whole week.

We just left today after 4 weeks, enjoy your stay. I think you will find technicians do a great job.

Update. Just left Nappanee today. They worked on the coach the whole week. We had to stay in hotel 2 nights. One for windshield installation and one for full slide roof repair.

I am extremely impressed and pleased with the work performed at Newmar. The work ethic and attention to detail is something I have not seen in many many years.

We came in with 10 items on the list. The tech test drove the coach and identified 3-5 other improvements that he wanted to make. Wind noise, squeaky dash, door adjustment, passenger window adjustment. These were not on our list, but should have been in retrospect. The tech spent a day and a half making all the loose parts stronger. I drove it today for the first time after repairs and all I can say is …. Amazing how quiet the coach is even over very rough roads. It may be all perception , but the coach drives so much better and feels much more solid. A much much better driving experience. My tech drove it a total of 3 times, with a partner to identify all noise issues. Each time coming back to the shop to make adjustments. Too bad it didn’t come this way from beginning, but I’m very pleased now.

We haven’t had any rain yet, so can’t report on the full way slide fix, but tech ran it through the rain booth and said just a few drops on roof. Which is 1000 times better than the full pool of water I’ve had before. During his inspection, he found several screws and staples that were not covered with tape or sealant. He reapplied tape and sealant ensuring all screws or other possible intrusions were covered. Our slide also had a bow in the middle, so he disconnected the middle fasteners, lifted each side to level, then put braces back on and added additional metal support along the length of the slide. It is solid. No more noise and is now level. Seems so much stronger.

Ddmo

Outstanding. And keep finding those amazing sites and views - impressed with your campground finding skills :)

Good to hear - I’ll be there in three weeks! What hotel did you stay in? I’ll probably stay a few nights at Oakwood.

Well. We stayed one night on our own. And we stayed at Fairfield inn in Goshen. We had a Marriott free night and love the Pumpkin Vine trail nearby.

Newmar put us up at Oakwood one night. Great location and staff, but we had issues with the maintenance of the place, especially our room. We had to call staff to come clean room when we arrived because of mold on the A/C ductwork. They cleaned it, but we chose not to use A/C or heater while we stayed. I informed Newmar just so they are aware.

Who was your tech, @Ddmo ?

Great to hear of the good experience.

We will be getting there the 10th for a weeks worth of warranty item repairs.

Our tech was Norm.

Our tech was Norm.
Norm is a great guy! I always had fantastic service with Jonas' team when I had a DSDP. Glad you had a good experience. Hope you made your appointment for next year service before you left. That way you can have your service and additional warranty items that may come up before your warranty expires.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back