Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Darren D

RVF Newbee
Hello Everyone! I need some advice about the aftertreatment regenerations occurring on my coach.

I have a 2008 HR Imperial with a Cummins ISL 425hp (CM2150) with 85,000 miles and approximately 2150 hours on the engine. This is a pre-DEF engine. It has recently (over the last year) started performing a regeneration cycle much more frequently. It’s been averaging 3 to 6 hours of engine run time between regen cycles. I have access to Insite and the regen history shows everything to be normal. (soot load, catalyst temps, differential pressure (high 5.6, low 3.3)) There are no active fault codes and no oil usage. I’m just trying to determine if it’s worth the trip to the shop with no fault codes. (we are full-timers and that can be an ordeal) Just a note, we did have the gasket between the turbo and manifold replaced about a year ago, after that is when the more frequent regens began. I have talked to Cummins and I got their default answer, “you better bring it in, just to be safe”. I wanted to ask the hive to see what ya’ll think. I appreciate your advice.

Darren

Latest resources

Back