Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
For three years I never had an "incident" with AutoFill of my fresh tank fill. Most of my RV travels I leave it on "ready" mode. However recently due to cold weather and one night stays I've had it OFF. I get to a KOA as I head to TX and decide to connect water and turn on AutoFill. I don't have the slides out yet as I have to troubleshoot AC 2 not working with OASIS and as such the coach has not been leveled. I hear the water coming out the overflow so I kill the water at the source. Of course not a big deal but the CG owner happened to walk by and asked about the spill so I told him and he said yeah, he's seen that from time to time. The problem is the site is significantly out of level so the coach is tilted right, away from the fresh tank autofill sensor. Normally we connect, extend slides, level and all is fine. As fresh tank fill takes time typically you won't experience this situation.

So be aware that if your coach is not level and you turn on city water and enable autofill you could have a situation like this where autofill is not sensing the tank is full due to the coach tilt. You may want to rethink your use of autofill to avoid a situation like this by turning it off when leaving and turning it on after the coach is leveled.

You may want to rethink your use of autofill to avoid a situation like this by turning it off when leaving and turning it on after the coach is leveled.
That's precisely what we do...and, why!

TJ

Thanks, That is good to know.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back