RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Those of you who have a valve that switches from city water to fresh water fill - do you turn off the water at the pole and depressurize the water system before switching from city water to fresh water fill and vice versa? I heard some suggest that operating this valve under pressure could damage the valve. I had not heard this before. I usually just flip the lever without turning water off first.

I always just flip the lever. That said, I did have to replace the valve earlier this year because it had a small leak. Newmar swapped it while coach was at Mothership for other repairs and didn’t mention a “proper” method. Seems like it wouldn’t be any different than operating a faucet under pressure to me.

Those of you who have a valve that switches from city water to fresh water fill - do you turn off the water at the pole and depressurize the water system before switching from city water to fresh water fill and vice versa? I heard some suggest that operating this valve under pressure could damage the valve. I had not heard this before. I usually just flip the lever without turning water off first.
Quite frankly, I had never really thought about a sequence. I have always turned the city water source valve first simply because I am usually standing next to it. Shutting off at the source also inhibits the possibility of excess water spraying into the wet bay when uncoupling the hose. I'm not sure it would cause any issues with switch valve because I'm sure everyone uses a pressure regulator placed before the valve.

Darrell

Shouldn’t matter overall.

I’d just turn the valve slowly to keep from getting the pressure slam but should not hurt anything.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back