Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tomigyrl

RVF Newbee
Just purchased my first travel trailer, 2019 Jayco Flight SLX. I have both hot and cold water when connected to city, but nothing when not. The pump turns on, but no water. Attached is an image of the water tank valves. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Attachments

• IMG_6222.jpeg
    IMG_6222.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Im assuming you filled the fresh water tank and it took water.

I had an issue in my new FR trailer in 2021. Theres some valving inside the tank that was not right. Maybe similar scenario as you have. City water supply everything worked. But only about two gallons could be pumped out of a full tank.

I cant tell you what the fix was the selling dealer did finally fix it after I got through to someone at FR. I can tell you newer trailers are built poorly and no one cares. I owned a 2011 very similar model same brand loved it sold it to my son bought a new one. Had so many issues. And customer service is pathetic.

Now my knowledge of RVs trailers water system wants to know if the pumps building pressure and turning off or if it’s just spinning away as long as you have it on. If it builds pressure and shuts off maybe one of the valves is broken internally. If it is just running id make sure its intake lines not kinked or pinched anywhere and that they’re tight on all fittings if one’s drawing air it won’t pull water and prime itself. More trailer 101 every fitting on mine is to small for the hose used the clamps have to be tightened to the point they’re almost breaking or cutting into the hoses. So do make sure the inlet or suction lines not loose.

Latest resources

Back