Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
My husband filled our fresh water tank until it read 100 and after one day of camping it is down to 60%... that can't be when we've used so little water. Anyone know what could be the problem? 2022 Newmar Ventana 4037

Did he stop as soon as it said 100%, or did he let it go until it overflowed? What are your sensor levels. Mine are different and are marked in thirds. If I fill hist until it says full (water just gets to the level to trigger the full sensor). There is still room for more water. If i stop with the level just at the full sensor, it does not take much usage to drop it below and it will read 2/3 until the water gets below that sensor. Hope that helps.

Hi. The Newmars can have a tendency to siphon out water if filled to overflow… which could have “removed” some of your water. There are threads about this…. Folks (myself included) have modified the overflow to preclude this from happening.

Was this after you both showered? What is the gray tank level showing?

Yes, as above, it could be a siphon issue.

It could be a sensor calibration issue. Keep an eye on it, you may need to put your sensors through a calibration routine Newmar can guide you through. As you're under warranty I'd reach out to Newmar to inquire for steps to investigate.

My husband filled our fresh water tank until it read 100 and after one day of camping it is down to 60%... that can't be when we've used so little water. Anyone know what could be the problem? 2022 Newmar Ventana 4037
Those sensors are notoriously inaccurate. Mine read full or near full even after emptying. I’ve tried cleaning the tanks several times with no success. I bought an inexpensive water meter that I use to fill the water tank and ignore the sensors.

I don’t have a Newmar, but I had an issue similar to the OP when we first got our coach. Our problem was the fresh water tank had a dump valve that was not 100% closed. Simple twist fully open and then fully closed - problem solved.
Hopefully you find a simple solution to the issue.

Was this after you both showered? What is the gray tank level showing?

Yes, as above, it could be a siphon issue.

It could be a sensor calibration issue. Keep an eye on it, you may need to put your sensors through a calibration routine Newmar can guide you through. As you're under warranty I'd reach out to Newmar to inquire for steps to investigate.
Thanks Neal, my husband thinks that it has to do with it being a poor design and on the drive it sloshing out... we had just arrived at the campsite and it was at 60 %... no showers yet. I think a call to Newmar is our best bet.

Hi. The Newmars can have a tendency to siphon out water if filled to overflow… which could have “removed” some of your water. There are threads about this…. Folks (myself included) have modified the overflow to preclude this from happening.
Hi there, how do you modify the overflow. We think that is the problem.

Did he stop as soon as it said 100%, or did he let it go until it overflowed? What are your sensor levels. Mine are different and are marked in thirds. If I fill hist until it says full (water just gets to the level to trigger the full sensor). There is still room for more water. If i stop with the level just at the full sensor, it does not take much usage to drop it below and it will read 2/3 until the water gets below that sensor. Hope that helps.
Good question. I'll pass this info on to him.

Thanks Neal, my husband thinks that it has to do with it being a poor design and on the drive it sloshing out... we had just arrived at the campsite and it was at 60 %... no showers yet. I think a call to Newmar is our best bet.
The question is if your tank level is accurate, you may see one value but the tank is actually at a different level. These tanks sensors on some have been very troublesome.

Latest resources

Back