Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Will M

RVF Newbee
I'm having trouble with my fresh water tank. This is in a 2020 Forest River Sandpiper. We're full time boondoging and everything been working as it should. But when I filled my 40 gallon tank about a month ago, the indicator never read full. I figured the sensor was bad. The water level according to the sensor went to 1/3 tank with us using any 2 or 3 gallon, then after using about 12 gallon all lights were out. When I filler the tank it only took 16 gallon and was coming out the over flow.
Question, could the tank have collapsed?
The overflow still works. How would that happen?

Probably sensors, they are virtually impossible to use on most production coaches. I had my 2020 fresh tank sensor replaced under warranty as it was too erratic to use.

My rule: I ignore the sensors. When water doesn't flow or gurgles with the pump on, the tank is empty. When one fills it to the overflow point, the tank is full. Anything in between is a "best guess".

The solution is to put in a much better tank monitoring system. This costs $$$. Not really worth the expenditure and effort in my thinking.

Bob

I'm having trouble with my fresh water tank. This is in a 2020 Forest River Sandpiper. We're full time boondoging and everything been working as it should. But when I filled my 40 gallon tank about a month ago, the indicator never read full. I figured the sensor was bad. The water level according to the sensor went to 1/3 tank with us using any 2 or 3 gallon, then after using about 12 gallon all lights were out. When I filler the tank it only took 16 gallon and was coming out the over flow.
Question, could the tank have collapsed?
The overflow still works. How would that happen?
Is your FW tank easy to get to? Can you take off a removable panel and inspect it? We are into our first traveling season with our new Salem and the second day out our FW tank fell down and almost came completely out. I made a temporary repair to secure it and this week I will fix it correctly. My point is these Forest River FW tank are extremely thin cheap material.

Latest resources

Back