Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Fridge Door Latches, What does everybody do?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I use the fridge fixer. Works great and easy install. Just need your fridge model number to order.
Thanks stang37, I have contacted Carl at Fridge Fixer and have found what I need, I hope, have a great one.

Looks like that TSB only applies to certain Newmar coaches in the 2009-2015 model year and relates to not being able to close the latTHankch from the inside (child safety issue). The latch on our 2018 refrigerator is of the new design as I suspect later models are as well.

The problem most of us have had is keeping the doors latched, not unlatched. I have found that by cleaning the latch sliding channels and lubricating them with silicone, they latch more securely. Previously, they were not being fully engaged due to sticking issues.

TJ
Thanks TJ, ours will not keep the bottom door from swinging open, pretty flimsy it is. Have got a lead on a Fridge Fixer that could solve the problem, have a great day and stay safe.

We had a similar situation in a 5th wheel we had.

I had some thin plywood laying around to use. I measured the spacing between the handles and the distance to the freezer drawer. Cut it out and covered it in felt I had laying around. Worked perfectly, looked like the letter U.

Interestingly, our 2018 CanyonStar with a residential refrigerator has a flimsy looking lock, but works reliably every time. Not the easiest to operate but works,

Latest resources

Back