Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

toggman

RVF Newbee
So I have been looking at ways to help lower my fridge temp and improve the efficiency in the really hot days and I am reading and watching videos of people adding external exhaust fans to pull the hot air out from around the coils on the back of the fridge. I recently just resealed all of the vents on the roof and really don't want to climb back up there and take it all back off to add a vent fan so my question is "why can't I just add the fan at the lower vent cover and force air in?" Wouldn't this create the same desired outcome? Forcing air in would force the hot air around the coils to go somewhere and I assume that would be up and out the exhaust vent on top. Am I missing something here? Any thoughts? Anyone tried this verses pulling the air out?

Not sure how well that would work as there would likely not be a good airflow. It might be hard to blow the air up and bypass all the obstacles. This would lesson the affect of the air movement. Pulling the air up from the top allows for the air to. I’ve more freely.

So many choices.
You can take the fridge out and install fans from the inside.
You can take the fridge out and replace with compressor fridge.
You can park with fridge side of RV to the north or east.

Some 9 years ago I started using solar and compressor type fridge. I can make ice if I want to(got ice machine for that though), I can keep ice cream frozen,
I feel the propane RV with it's major problems is antiquated.

oh ya! Installation of fans at the bottom work somewhat. One problem you may have is placing them wrong and blowing out the burner.

Latest resources

Back