• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI From trains to planes

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This place is extremely busy. The building is acres of space and is completely full with coaches. The south end of the building is the service area. Body and paint at the southwest end, mechanical service in the center and house section at the southeast corner. All of the bays were working on an RV Or two .
The lot to the east has a hundred or so units either waiting for service or in some state of service waiting for parts.
the north front lot has new/used units for sale and travelers waiting or in process of service.
There are three service writing teams that are going all day long managing new work and existing work as well as travelers like me.
I’ll write a complete post on my experience.

That’s pretty much the same deal in Vegas. In fact at beginning there was always room to stay overnight even if you had wrapped service for a night. Fast forward to 2020 and it is packed and every spot taken. They don’t allow people to stay unless you are IN service. They encourage others to patronize a nearby campground. They have outgrown the building already. Storage is standing room only.

It's good and bad. I don't know the situation for those coach owners, are they there for storage, service, etc.? I talked to an owner here at Newmar that was very displeased that he had to leave his coach at a location for 4-6 weeks, can't remember the duration, for a simple service visit (GFI breaker tripping). Instead, it should be done like Newmar, in my opinion, you're scheduled, you're met, you're serviced, you leave. Leaving a coach on a lot for that duration is not good service, to me.

Personally I do not leave the Coach at a dealer unattended. That said we rarely visit dealers.
Too much can go wrong. Plus you are not there watching the process.
Thankfully we can arrange the time to do this.
The night before departure at NIRVC some guy insisted on parking his Class A among the Travelers only to hit the steps and mirror of one and side of another. Chaos ensued.
Luckily we had moved our site to another part of the lot or would have been in the middle of it. .
When Service arrived in the morning they had to deal with the aftermath of this.
NIRVC employes many Porters to move the coaches around for just this reason. After hours arriving can be an issue. It’s dark and tight even in a well light parking lot.

we stored at vegas for a very short period while we were waiting for our current storage to be available. The porters were young and some had only been on the job a week. I wasn’t comfortable having them drive a Prevost which follows a procedure to start up and shut down. Watching them jockey a 45 foot coach in tight spots with inches of clearance was breathtaking. The good news is there’s always two of them. One to drive. One to guide. But still far over my comfort zone.

Future home of the Dutchess. Under construction for this coming Spring.

IMG_0642.jpeg

Latest resources

Back