• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Front cap replacement

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
was wondering if anyone has an Idea of the cost of replacing front cap due to Delamination.
Montes2222,
That’s like asking if someone knows Tony from NewYork?. How about some more specific info on make and model of the RV? Usually it is entered in the signature.

was wondering if anyone has an Idea of the cost of replacing front cap due to Delamination.

Hello @montes2222 - welcome to RVForums.com. We'd be happy to assist you, please provide any pictures or details that can help us better help you. Welcome to the site, it's great to have you with us.

Hello @montes2222 - welcome to RVForums.com. We'd be happy to assist you, please provide any pictures or details that can help us better help you. Welcome to the site, it's great to have you with us.
Sorry I'm new to this my TT is a 2012 Heartland Wilderness 3050DS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200615-105403_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200615-105403_Photos.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
If you can draw arrows on a picture it would help but are you looking for a propane cover (the white thing in the front) or the stainless section? Help narrow me into what you're asking about. This web site below is a great resource, you could ask them:

I think it is unlikely that you will find a replacement front cap for a 2012 model. RV manufacturers don't usually keep those kinds of parts around for very long. You might contact your trailer manufacturer to see if it has one available. That is your most likely source. You might get lucky and find a used but serviceable cap at a RV dismantler, but it isn't very likely.

Not sure exactly what the "delamination" issue is, but a fiberglass repair shop should probably be able to fix it. Boat repair facilities are a good source of fiberglass repair.

Good luck.

TJ

Over on IRV2, there is a user named DAVL that has an incredible, very long thread in the Newmar Owners section that details how he brought a totaled Newmar Mountain Air back from the dead. The thread is called “Mountain Air back from the dead”.
Anyway, he had to source a rear cap and it t was an older model, he got it from an RV junk yard I believe (could be wrong, its been a while since I read his thread).

If you can’t source the cap from the manufacturer, you might try RV junk yards. You might get lucky and find one that took a side or rear impact but the front cap is fine.

Latest resources

Back