• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Front door lock malfunction

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
No, and I feel a little stupid for not checking voltage there when I had the lock apart. 🤧 Just drove today for a one nighter here in VA, then on to Two Rivers for a couple weeks. I'll have more time there to check it out.

Sounds good, just trying to do all possible to avoid getting an expensive keypad/handle contraption when it may be something more trivial. I still highly doubt that's bad as the key fob would work and I think you said it does not so the handle is bypassed in that test.

That what I thought but I believe the pad has more to do with the system than just relay codes.

Ok, after tearing apart the dash, passenger arm rest, door lock and grab handle, along with multiple calls to Trimark (Kevin who was VERY helpful) I finally got the system to work without buying anything! Turned out one of the large butt connectors under the dash (that Newmar had crimped with what looked like a needle nose pliers) had two red wires on one end pulling out. I reconnected the wires and system is back up. This was a 4 hour troubleshooting ordeal after driving 300 miles to get here. BTW, the system is on a 20a fuse in the front drivers side bin. I also found a15a fuse in an inline holder on this line buried deep behind the dash taped to a main harness. 😡 THANKS NEWMAR
. I was too tired at the time to crawl up in there to eliminate it, but at least I know it's there now.
Also, as a public service, I priced JUST the out side keypad from Newmar, 335.00 and change. Trimark, 99.00 + shipping. They have the entire handle assembly, 261.00!

Assume detective work.

One other thing, after putting the door lock back together, we decided to leave the coach. Closed the door and found out it wouldn't open again. The two halves of the mechanism were slightly misaligned not allowing the latch to actuate from the outside. So, now being stuck outside, I'm thinking I should have installed the power window wires in the front bin. Got it open pulling on the handle as hard as I could. Re adjusted so it works and the wires are going to be installed today!🫡

One other thing, after putting the door lock back together, we decided to leave the coach. Closed the door and found out it wouldn't open again. The two halves of the mechanism were slightly misaligned not allowing the latch to actuate from the outside. So, now being stuck outside, I'm thinking I should have installed the power window wires in the front bin. Got it open pulling on the handle as hard as I could. Re adjusted so it works and the wires are going to be installed today!🫡
Yepppp, refer to my advice :)

Latest resources

Back