• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Front door lock malfunction

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I thought I read similar about this long ago...mine did this once or twice (think it took a couple times for me to realize the door wasn't locking)...from what I remember someone said that the pin contacts need to be adjusted out to make a better contact (along with the cleaning)...I tried this but it didn't seem to really "adjust"...but it's worked since I fiddled with it that time 🤷‍♀️

Bummer. You may need a new actuator in your door assembly. Takes a T20 I think it is from the inside. @ARD just had this issue. @ARD what was your fix?
Had same issue @lostinfla. Turned out it was not my actuator. One of the wires to actuator broke and the other was bent.

Well, today I checked voltage at the pins which was OK. Pulled the lock apart to check the actuator and after putting it back together, now the keypad outside only makes three long beeps while clicking is heard coming from the passengers arm rest where the bin lock switch is. Thankfully that switch still works but nothing else does. Trimark is checking for a replacement key pad as this one is obsolete. Newmar has one for "only" 330.00🤑. I don't want to just throw parts at it, but not sure what route to take at this point.

Whenever messing with the entry door lock...unlock or OPEN the driver's side window! Don't ask...

Whenever messing with the entry door lock...unlock or OPEN the driver's side window! Don't ask...
and make sure your ladder is not in a locked bay.

The brass pins are adjustable and over time they tend to screw 'in'. You just have to screw them 'out' to make sure they make contact. gently press the pin in and then un-screw the pin. more often than not, this is the problem.

You can also reset the brains by removing the fuses in the compartment under the driver. I found two that looked relative to door locks...removed them and allowed time to discharge anything that might prevent a successful reboot...reinserted. This did the trick for us. Could be lucky...but I'll take it.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've now had enough of this apart and back together that I'm starting to get a handle on the system parts. I'm calling support again tomorrow after we reach our next destination and I'll report findings if any. I'm thinking it's going to come down to the most expensive part which is the keypad.

Have you put a voltmeter on the plunger which should be the same contraption as used on basement doors? My bet is it's the plunger/actuator. You could probably pull one off of a basement door to swap it for testing purposes only.

Latest resources

Back