Chassis
Freightliner Cascadia 126
Engine
Cummins ISX 15/600
TOW/TOAD
ATC Trailer
Fulltimer
Yes
As a diesel owner, we have been using Open Roads (used to be TSD Logistics) and Mudflap for some time now and have been pleased with them. Open Roads was our primary and Mudflap was our backup.

Earlier this year we added another discount plan that we stumbled across, Greenlane.ai.

The intention was that this would give us another backup, but on our most recent 5000 mile trip, it became our primary. We have been getting email from Open Roads telling us they miss us.

I didn’t want to share much about it here until we had some real experience across multiple states and a few thousand miles. Now that we have that experience am happy to share that we highly recommend them.

Here is why we like Greenlane:
1) Pricing is totally up front, no guessing/calculating what the final cost per gallon will be after transaction fees and 10% payment of the savings from retail price. The price you see in the app per gallon is the price you will pay.
2) We link a credit card to Greenlane, NOT a bank account. So we get good pricing AND we can earn points on the credit card. Was always a fan of double scoops!

It does work slightly differently.
- Use the app to find a station
- When at the pump, use the green fuel button on the app to start you transaction.
- You have to estimate how much fuel and/or DEF you want in the app. This is preauthorizing the card.
- After this is done, then step out of the coach and at the pump swipe the Greenlane card, next swipe any station rewards card when prompted.
- At the pump, when prompted select tractor, DEF, as normal — if you select DEF but don’t authorize it on the app — the pump will tell you the transaction failed, but won’t tell you why. What you select at the pump has to agree with what you selected on the app.
- Pump as usual.
- After pumping is completed you will receive a message on your phone confirming the transaction $ amount and details are available on the app.

If you signup and use this referral, you can get $25 after your first fueling. (And we get $ too)

Referral: DAVID466

Since we have had a great experience using this I am happy to share it. On this last trip Greenlane was used on EVERY transaction except 1 as it provided the best discounts plus we got points on the credit card.

Network of stations is currently very similar to OpenRoads (TA, Petro, Loves) but have seen notifications when they add more stations, such as Speedway. In our experience, Loves has been the cheapest and we like that they are usually cleaner that TA and usually have spaces for walking our dogs. Pilot or Flying J are not in network as of now.

But be prepared, their marketing emails, texts, and phone calls will get old fast. I finally had had enough when they called me at 5 AM one morning.

I haven't found them useful traveling in the NM, AZ, Co, ID, MT, and UT areas over the past few months.

Do you have the problem of the authorization on your card is not enough to fill the tank? Do you have to do it multiple times to get say 70 gallons of diesel, we'll call it $300 to make it simple.

I've been using the Greenlane.ai fuel card as my primary for about 6 months now. I too have been very happy with it for the same reasons. It's billed to a credit card instead of a bank account. Similar discounts as Open Roads. More stations in their network. I've personally used the card at Pilot, Flying J, Loves, Petro, and TA. It also works at Maverick stations as well.

I attached a couple of screenshots from the app showing the network and my local area

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240915_161831_Greenlane.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_161831_Greenlane.jpg
    782.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240915_161732_Greenlane.jpg
    Screenshot_20240915_161732_Greenlane.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 4
Same here. I have zero complaints. The ability to charge for business versus personal using different cards is the winner. Their customer service is very responsive and I give them 5 stars. I did not know you could use them at pilot flying j. It is good to have options using different fuel cards.

Do you have the problem of the authorization on your card is not enough to fill the tank? Do you have to do it multiple times to get say 70 gallons of diesel, we'll call it $300 to make it simple.

The first step in the app when fueling - you select up to how many gallons of diesel you want (and/or DEF).
So no need to make multiple fuel stops or transactions.
If I think I might need somewhere between 50-60 gallons, I just select 75 gallons to be safe. This authorizes the card for the 75 gallons * the gallon price.
When I fuel and only use 61 gallons, the final transaction that shows up is for the 61 gallons.

Thanks. I forgot the card is being pre-auth'd vs. just inserting into the pump where it has a limit.

Greenlane seems a few $0.01 more expensive than TED but using multiple CCs makes a difference. Signed up and will try it out on next trip.

Hopefully it is a straight forward process to purchase the fuel and DPF. TSD can be confusing as heck.

It’s real easy @Joe Hogan Add your cc before you go so it’s ready. Pull up to pump and open app on phone. It will recognize where you are. You input how many gallons and if you want def or not. Select the card you want use to charge it against. Then you go to the pump with your Greenlane card and follow the prompts which you know. Start fueling. I’ll give you one caveat that might happen because it happened to me. The card didn’t get accepted the very first time. Might have been operator error. Just go inside and swipe it. That was only one time. It’s worked perfect every time since. If you have a question call their support. They answer right away.

After signing up Greenlane sent a video clip, looks easy..

Latest resources

Back