Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Henry 0812

RVF Newbee
Hello. Looking for an idea on fuel economy for a F450 Class C. I know it depends on a lot of factors like grade, speed, wind, towing. I’ve been told 6-14. I live in FL so it’s pretty flat so that’s where I’d like to start. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

What kind of engine is in it?

I have a V10 in my Class A with the F-35 Chassis 2011 Thor Hurricane 32ft. If I travel around 60-65 I get about 10-11mph on level ground. After that, the higher the speed the lower the MPG. Example at 70 I get about 8-9mph.

I had a E450 -30 ft class C, trekker type cab (more aerodynamic). I got about 9 mpg, and could push it close to 10. Rule of thumb is 7-10 mpg.

it could be said when driving a MH there is no fuel economy.

We took our E450 V10 30ft class C on 3 trips last year and got 8.1 MPG. While de-winterizing this year, I checked the air filter. It was in really really really bad shape. Bugs and very dirty. I replaced it, so hopefully a bit of an increase in MPG.

Are you folks using the computer readout for you mpg or actually manually calculating? All the computed mpg's on my vehicles over the years have been off pretty bad. Hand calculate your mileage for true mpg. (It may bring a tear to your eye when you see the real mpg).

Latest resources

Back