• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Full Service Newmar Dealers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Turbo....I dont disagree at all, my only concern with a list of dealers is the amount of them that are taking the stance "if you didn't buy here, we don't want your business". I have been turned away for service by large well equipped dealerships because I didn't buy from them. I know, how silly of me, I really should have scheduled that emergency breakdown at my selling dealer, but hey that just hasn't been my good fortune so far while on the road. A list of good qualified shops (with good experiences from forum members) AND will also take orphaned or traveling RV owners, that would be a plus in my book. Maybe make that a criteria in the list of where, what kind of service and do they support customers that didn't buy there?

Yes, I have heard the stories. Clearly Newmar has its favorite dealers, just trying to figure out where they are. User experience is part of that. But right now if I am cruising down the interstate and need service other than leaving a post here there is no real way to weigh the options.

Newmar used to have a list of all dealers. Can't find that now. You can put in a state and get a list on the Newmar web site, which is a good start. And Newmar does designate the "Gold Service Dealers". I could look at each state and make a list. That may be the only option. I was hoping it was all done and posted somewhere for the full US.

In actual real life experience in a little over 2 years of Newmar ownership I have been turned down for service at more Newmar dealers than I have had Newmar dealers actually perform service. Even had a Newmar warranty issue and had to get Newmar factory management involved to "get permission" to bypass the local franchised dealer who didn't want my business anyway, to "allow" NIRVC in Phoenix to perform my warranty work. This is all well and good if you never take your RV anywhere, but makes getting service while traveling around the country a real crap shoot. Sorry, didn't mean to turn this great idea into a rant!

Maybe some of the manufacturers like Newmar and Tiffin should tell these dealers, if you won't service customers that didn't purchase from you then you don't sell our coaches.

I'm not familiar with a comprehensive list of dealers, but I can tell you that Transwest provides certified services for Freightliner, Spartan, and Cummins. My experience at their Frederick location was excellent, and I wholeheartedly recommend them. Additionally, they are welcoming, even if you didn't buy your rig from them. I had the pleasure of working with Jamie in their service department, and she provided exceptional service!
Have to agree. specifically TransWast Frederick Co. Good people.

@Texas, that looks familiar but doesn't look like it got any traction. I would love to see a forum page of good service and repair experiences from other forum members and where for those times where you get stuck and need repairs but have no idea where to go.
Rvservicereviews.com

Maybe some of the manufacturers like Newmar and Tiffin should tell these dealers, if you won't service customers that didn't purchase from you then you don't sell our coaches.
When at the Tampa RV show in 2022 I specifically asked what Newmar’s position was on this issue. Headed of product support went into a song and dance about people buying from whoever gave them the best sales price but then wanted their local dealer to service the coach and said the dealers are independent and can set their own business model. In other words they don’t really care🤬

Here might be a place to start, latest award of best Newmar Dealers. Granted this is Newmar unit sales based most likely, but at least they are doing something correctly according to Newmar.

Latest resources

Back