• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

turbopilot

RVF Supporter
Fulltimer
No
Is there a list of the Newmar dealers that also offer both Freightliner and Spartan certified services? NIRVC is one dealer chain that makes this claim. Are there others? If so is there a complete list anywhere?

With my first Newmar I had several malfunctions where it was not clear whether the coach or the chassis was the problem. In those situations I could not get the dealer or Freightliner to take ownership. Each pointed to the other as the problem. This has to be one of the most frustrating aspects of owning a class A.

I'm not familiar with a comprehensive list of dealers, but I can tell you that Transwest provides certified services for Freightliner, Spartan, and Cummins. My experience at their Frederick location was excellent, and I wholeheartedly recommend them. Additionally, they are welcoming, even if you didn't buy your rig from them. I had the pleasure of working with Jamie in their service department, and she provided exceptional service!

I'm not familiar with a comprehensive list of dealers, but I can tell you that Transwest provides certified services for Freightliner, Spartan, and Cummins. My experience at their Frederick location was excellent, and I wholeheartedly recommend them. Additionally, they are welcoming, even if you didn't buy your rig from them. I had the pleasure of working with Jamie in their service department, and she provided exceptional service!

Yes, Cummins should be on the list two. What we need is a grid chart showing each dealer and the services available: Freightliner, Spartan and Cummins.

I did have one circumstance where Freightliner told me to go to Cummins.

Seems like I recall Neal starting a thread a while back for service provider recommendations in various areas of the country. (Might be mis-recalling, if so I apologize). Neal??

Is this the one you're thinking about, Scott?

I wholeheartedly agree!!! I purchased my Ventana from TransWest in Frederick, CO and have had nothing but excellent service/support from them. As ARD said, they welcome everyone for service regardless where you purchased your coach. Regarding Jamie, she is the lead service writer and she is fantastic!!! From what I've seen during my visits to TransWest for service the other service writers are as well. Overall an awesome dealership.

@Texas, that looks familiar but doesn't look like it got any traction. I would love to see a forum page of good service and repair experiences from other forum members and where for those times where you get stuck and need repairs but have no idea where to go.

@Texas, that looks familiar but doesn't look like it got any traction. I would love to see a forum page of good service and repair experiences from other forum members and where for those times where you get stuck and need repairs but have no idea where to go.

I would too, but we need to start by defining where the service is and what level of service is available. For instance, not every Newmar dealer sells the entire Newmar line. By inference you might expect if they don't sell one model of coach they may not be proficient in servicing the coach. Some dealers only service the coach and not the chassis (ie Freightliner, Spartan and Cummins). Some dealers are a recommended "Gold Service Dealer" by Newmar.

So in addition to user reviews it would be a good start to have a table with all dealers listed along with the capability and Newmar ranking of each dealer.

It's pretty sad that finding good quality repair locations seems to be a problem. A list with addresses of at least some good results from coach owners would be great. Driving to Newmar for service every time could get old.

@Turbo....I dont disagree at all, my only concern with a list of dealers is the amount of them that are taking the stance "if you didn't buy here, we don't want your business". I have been turned away for service by large well equipped dealerships because I didn't buy from them. I know, how silly of me, I really should have scheduled that emergency breakdown at my selling dealer, but hey that just hasn't been my good fortune so far while on the road. A list of good qualified shops (with good experiences from forum members) AND will also take orphaned or traveling RV owners, that would be a plus in my book. Maybe make that a criteria in the list of where, what kind of service and do they support customers that didn't buy there?

Latest resources

Back