Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Furnace and fridge not working together.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tonyw4130

RVF Newbee
Hello all new here..
I have a 2019 or 2020 Avenger travel trailer 20'. I only say 2019 or 2020 because when we bought it they said it was a 2020 but I think when we had it insured it was a 19 but anyway. the problem I have now (first to stump me) is the fridge and heater wont run together. We were out this weekend and it got cold one night, down in the 30's. I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed I was cold and the heater wasn't on. so I looked up at the fridge to see if i had ran out of propane because it has a light up there were you can change it from auto or gas and i had it on auto. well the light wasn't on but switched tanks anyway. once i got back in I reset the stat to the heater and then when the heater would turn on the fan. at the same time the light in the fridge would come on saying check meaning usually the propane tank is empty. then it would switch back and the fridge would start working again but the furnace would not. Once I got up for the day I started up the generator they would both work. Would this be a low propane issue or at power issue?

Hello all new here..
I have a 2019 or 2020 Avenger travel trailer 20'. I only say 2019 or 2020 because when we bought it they said it was a 2020 but I think when we had it insured it was a 19 but anyway. the problem I have now (first to stump me) is the fridge and heater wont run together. We were out this weekend and it got cold one night, down in the 30's. I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed I was cold and the heater wasn't on. so I looked up at the fridge to see if i had ran out of propane because it has a light up there were you can change it from auto or gas and i had it on auto. well the light wasn't on but switched tanks anyway. once i got back in I reset the stat to the heater and then when the heater would turn on the fan. at the same time the light in the fridge would come on saying check meaning usually the propane tank is empty. then it would switch back and the fridge would start working again but the furnace would not. Once I got up for the day I started up the generator they would both work. Would this be a low propane issue or at power issue?
It sounds to me that maybe the propane regulator may not be functioning properly. Temps in the 30s are not cold enough to cause the propane to liquify and it sounds like you are not gett a good flow.

Darrell

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back