Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jannperez

RVF Newbee
We own a 2016 Thor Ace 30.1. I have just changed out my 2nd Furnace Circuit Board due to cotton water damage. It doesn’t have the Furnace doors with outside louvers that many had, which caused the problem. I was told Atwood was aware of the problem due to water getting into the compartment and settling under the board. Of course this rusts out the board and fries it. Does anyone know a fix to this problem? We are going to use a clear Marine Sealant around the furnace door to see if that helps because we can’t figure out how the water gets in there.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Can you provide a picture of the furnace door? Some doors had the louvre installed incorrectly from the factory where the louvre “scooped “ rain water.

We have the same coach, just purchased in July. Our tech that came out said the moisture is due to condensation from the furnace running while there is cold air outside (duh). He replaced the circuit board with one that has "feet", little bumpers on the bottom so that the board doesn't rest against the housing and trap moisture. That's the best explanation I have as I wasn't there when the tech made the repair. He was fully aware of the poor design and had 2 or 3 boards on his mobile repair van in stock.

Latest resources

Back