• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Furnace problems

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That thermostat is a known problem child and an update for it would be a good thing. Up by the A/C behind the cover is a box that is about 4" square and 2" high. That is where all the thermostat wires (3 labeled 12+, 12-, Comm at thermostat) go. An updated t'stat would probably come with a new box, but you most likely won't need it. I just swapped this t'stat and everything worked much better. Easy swap too.

That thermostat is a known problem child and an update for it would be a good thing. Up by the A/C behind the cover is a box that is about 4" square and 2" high. That is where all the thermostat wires (3 labeled 12+, 12-, Comm at thermostat) go. An updated t'stat would probably come with a new box, but you most likely won't need it. I just swapped this t'stat and everything worked much better. Easy swap too.
Ordered the same one. Even tho it will function the same , it lights up for a few seconds to see what temp you’re setting. The one in there now is you have to look close or turn on a light to see the settings. Thanks for the info on the A /C. I will check that out. Might a loose connection in there.

Ok I got the furnace going. You said something about a box for the controls of the A/C and furnace. Well after a week of camping I decided to clean the A/C's filter. I saw the box that you were referring to. I seen the wires for the thermostat. I moved them around and the wires fell out of the connectors. I thought "what?" They would slip in and out . So I found the problem. Put on new connectors and made sure they were tight. Hook the wires up and the Furnace came on with no problem. Thanks guys for all of the help. Got a happy camper here.

Latest resources

Back