Furnace Question

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador. I have changed out the 13,500 btu roof top A/C units for new Dometic 15,000 btu units with the corresponding digital thermostat. I can turn the furnace on with the thermostat and it runs just fine. I'm leaving it on, set at 40 degrees to keep the plumbing from freezing up. I have it parked in my driveway, plugged into the electric.

My question is, what is this button on the control panel in the hallway that says "SYSTEM HEAT"? When I flip the switch the red indicator light comes on but the furnace runs without this turned on. What "SYSTEM" is this heating? I've looked through my owners manual and couldn't fins ANYTHING about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1649 (002).JPG
    IMG_1649 (002).JPG
    538.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    489.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1651 (002).JPG
    IMG_1651 (002).JPG
    569.2 KB · Views: 9
It is a basement heater. When you turn the System Heat switch on, it will keep the basement above a preset temperature to keep it from freezing. (Courtesy of Google)

It is a basement heater. When you turn the System Heat switch on, it will keep the basement above a preset temperature to keep it from freezing. (Courtesy of Google)
Thanks for the reply! You'd think this info would be in my owners manual. I read for over 30 minutes yesterday and never found it mentioned. I found everything but THAT!!! :ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back